Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe Im just a bit of a moron to understand...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a bit of guidance on getting into the FSDbeta...I am on v11.1 (2023.6.1) right now, I am paying through the subscription...What Im trying to understand in how to begin the process of getting into the beta program. Right now the toggle for the beta program is not about to be moved, does this mean I will need to update 2023.12.1 in order to just have the toggle available to me? This is turn would make me not eligible for the beta program since I just surpassed the 2023.6.15 that has just gone out to employees but not to the public as of yet.

Im just trying to figure out a gameplan to get this rolling...

TIA

Requests for new installations of FSD beta were suspended while Tesla worked the recent NHTSA recall effort and Tesla disabled the request button. At some point, Tesla should re-enable the request. When this will be is unknown to us.

Requests for new installations of FSD beta were suspended while Tesla worked the recent NHTSA recall effort and Tesla disabled the request button. At some point, Tesla should re-enable the request. When this will be is unknown to us.
Yep, that I have done quite a bit of reading on...I simply didnt know if the button to request it would be included in an update, in turn making some wait longer for Beta to catch up

just make sure to no install an offered update until you're sure. Then wait until the FSDb release is higher than the build your car is on.
No point paying the subscription until that happens (assuming your sole purpose is to get the beta)

just make sure to no install an offered update until you're sure. Then wait until the FSDb release is higher than the build your car is on.
No point paying the subscription until that happens (assuming your sole purpose is to get the beta)
The Tesla world is new to me but any update I have gotten in the car has been forced OTA, didnt exactly have the option to not download...How is No an option? I did turn of wifi in the car.

The Tesla world is new to me but any update I have gotten in the car has been forced OTA, didnt exactly have the option to not download...How is No an option? I did turn of wifi in the car.
You or someone else in your household is clicking on the update in the app, authorizing the installation. The download is forced, but not the installation.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Thanks everyone for the help...I will give it a little while (until the monthly subscription expires) to see what happens...No sense in paying 200.00 for it to stop at stop signs on its own (almost all driving is backroads).

Reactions: Genie
I'm in the same boat, paid for FSD then cancelled the same hour I subscribed after I realized I couldn't actually download beta software but Tesla still charged me. I called them and they said NO REFUNDS. I already paid in full for EAP so for my $100 all I get is Stoplights for a month. So sad. It doesn't even stop and go on its own, it stops at green lights and makes me press the gas to go... I had thought it would at least autonomously handle stoplights but nope.

Anyway, waiting on that sweet 2023.6.15 update but fairy certain it won't happen before my month subscription expires. Anybody think 2023.6.15 will be going out to the general public in the next few days?

I'm in the same boat, paid for FSD then cancelled the same hour I subscribed after I realized I couldn't actually download beta software but Tesla still charged me. I called them and they said NO REFUNDS. I already paid in full for EAP so for my $100 all I get is Stoplights for a month. So sad. It doesn't even stop and go on its own, it stops at green lights and makes me press the gas to go... I had thought it would at least autonomously handle stoplights but nope.

Anyway, waiting on that sweet 2023.6.15 update but fairy certain it won't happen before my month subscription expires. Anybody think 2023.6.15 will be going out to the general public in the next few days?
2023.6.15 (11.4) is not likely to go to customers. Past experience is that 11.4.1 that might go to customers after it goes first to employees, but, if so, probably only to a very select few customers at first. Maybe it will be released wide within a week of first going to the select group, and even then will be a staged rollout that might take a week.

If 11.4.1 has issues, the rollout might be halted and the process start all over with 11.4.2.

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but FSDb software rollouts have become a long, drawn out process. With 400,000 cars running it, Tesla apparently has taken a cautious approach.

Its been a week since 11.4 (2023.6.15) was going out to employees...today I read about 2023.6.100.1, what does this mean for 2023.6.x versions waiting for FSDb?
What is the best source to watch for when these updated versions get announced and be official? I don't see them on Teslafi.com firmware tracker.
There have been a LOT of FSDb updates rolled out this year and with 11.4 having good feedback my hope is to get it sometime in May (early May too optimistic?).

Last edited: