Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Maybe Obtuse]What is this icon (pic)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Probably obvious to most but don't remember seeing this. What is it? Seems to be an info tab but tapping didn't bring up any info.

IMG_3209.jpeg

It's the letter I in a circle. Usually if you tap it, it will show you additional Information. If it's not working, then I guess it's showing up by mistake.

I've seen them in red before in my S and it usually indicates something like tire pressure low or key fob battery low. If it's green, I guess it's not as important.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Reminds me of the (in)famous Windows 10 install failure dialog box: “Something Happened.” Yup, something happened, or there’s some info, we just aren’t gonna show it to you. It’s a secret.

It looks like the car is generating an information-class dialog (like it does for sentry event notifications and supercharger battery conditioning) but it’s failing to generate the associated text.

I find tapping it doesn't always work, but you should be able to slide it to the Right to uncover the message. As previously noted, for example when the washer fluid is low, or when the Low Regen warning message comes on, it will often (but not necessarily always) show up in a green dialogue box, with the 'i' for information, and you can swipe to the Left to hide the message, and the swipe to the Right to display the message.