Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU Crashes - Service Center Update

MCU Reboots (T logo)? [Not a "screen freezes for a few seconds that starts responding"]

• 1 per day

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 2-5 times a day

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Every now and then (2-5 per week)

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Occasionally (2-5 per month)

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Never

Votes: 34 34.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody. Here in Italy i'm in the same situation. Since i went home on 19th april by my brand new M3 LR, the display reboots continuosly.
I left the car at the SeC on 22nd april, on the 29th service manager told me that the MCU has to be replaced. Until now, nobody has got idea when the spare part will be available. Incredible.
@Vk500 you're from Europe like me. Did you solve the problem? How many days they took for give you the car back, since they noticed to you that the MCU has to be replaced?

Thank you.

Until now, nobody has got idea when the spare part will be available. Incredible.

This was the same in the early days of Model S ownership. event minor "fender bender" could take months to fix b/c replacement parts were just not available.

I read in another thread that the display rebutes on the M3 MCU can be repaired by a software fix, but said fix is not ready to deployed and it is just easier/faster to replace the MCU in it's entirety. Small consolation to you @sgaggio, since said MCU is not currently available.

ahh, the joys of being an early adopter...

Can somebody help me out I woke up this morning in my lane departure warning is not working and the screen is not showing all the cars in my surrounding can anybody explain to me why this happen thank you
Try resetting it by holding the two scroll wheels down until the screen goes blank and the Tesla T comes up. Sometimes the computer does occasionally hang up and need a reboot.

For others having crashing issues, try disconnecting your Slacker/Spotify account if it’s connected. I also read someone suggesting clearing your navigation history earlier in this thread.