Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU LCD part # and Tesla parts catalog

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
So, I'm looking to confirm the correct part # for the Gen 1 MCU LCD/touchscreen. Unfortunately the Tesla pats catalog doesn't want to show me any detail (it seems broken... anybody else?):

https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/53890

I believe the correct # is:
SX-MCU SUB-ASY, SHIP. OGS DSPLY, RMN
1084333-00-C ()

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

TheFro

Feb 23, 2017
Pearland, TX
That's the part number that I was given when I was quoted to replace mine in a 2013 P85...

upload_2019-10-8_14-18-53.png

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Got it, thanks... the parts catalog is working for me now.

I also got a quote for $1100 for it... that's much steeper than I had hoped... especially for a remanufactured part.

Out of curiosity did you get your old one back?

TheFro

Feb 23, 2017
Pearland, TX
Got it, thanks... the parts catalog is working for me now.

I also got a quote for $1100 for it... that's much steeper than I had hoped... especially for a remanufactured part.

Out of curiosity did you get your old one back?

After reading about the failures with MCUs, I went ahead and had the whole MCU replaced instead of just the screen. The extra $700 was worth it for peace of mind (4 year unlimited mileage warranty on the whole unit).

Unfortunately, they didn't let me keep the MCU unless I paid an extra $500 core charge.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC