Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU with Bubbles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, everyone -

It has taken two years to fully develop, but my beauty is in need of a new MCU. The bubble is starting to interfere with the buttons at the top of the screen. Does anyone know if the new MCU can be retrofitted to a 2013 MS? I have delayed getting it done in hopes that I will receive the new MCU. An help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that without major dash surgery, you cannot replace an MCU1 with an MCU2. I believe it has to do with the instrument cluster being independent vs. driven in one version versus the other. So you'd have to replace both MCU and IC to switch versions.

You'll have to replace the MCU1 with another MCU1, however I know the current MCU1 is much improved (cooling) over an older edition.

Go to teslamcu.xyz ... somehow the link got translated to show jsfiddle. no .com or .net or anything else. It will tell you what version you have. Although I can tell you that if it was done in 2017 it's a V1 since V2 came out in March of 2018. I have an ~August 2017 build and it's MCU 1.

LTE means nothing. It's been on the MCUs for years. It's also available to all MCU1s as an optional upgrade.

Just curious, your post and the signature say you have 2013 MS 75? Looks like 75 KW came out in May of 2016.
It was upgraded in 2017

Attachments

• 20190202_100205.jpg
    20190202_100205.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 96