Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD HOV Permit Picked Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maryland HOV sticker #1 went on a Tesla Roadster. :)

HOVcar.jpg

Has anybody who has the HOV sticker that expires on September 30, 2017 received their new sticker with a expiration date of September 30, 2018. Per the MVA web site, "Note: HOV permits issued prior to October 1, 2016 will expire on September 30, 2017. Prior to expiration of these permits, a letter of explanation and a new permit will be mailed to current holders, extending the expiration until September 30, 2018."

Has anybody who has the HOV sticker that expires on September 30, 2017 received their new sticker with a expiration date of September 30, 2018. Per the MVA web site, "Note: HOV permits issued prior to October 1, 2016 will expire on September 30, 2017. Prior to expiration of these permits, a letter of explanation and a new permit will be mailed to current holders, extending the expiration until September 30, 2018."

I have received mine. It's sitting on the small desk where I keep my keys and the couple bills that aren't auto-pay. I guess I should put it on...

Yes! I documented my solution in a post on this thread: MD HOV sticker
Thanks! Good thread. It is closed to me, so I wanted to ask a couple of questions...

1) It appears as if you only use the top and bottom left side screws, not all four to affix the ersatz lexan material behind the tag, is that right?

2) Did you cut the material smaller than the full height of the tag, or the same size?

3) Have you checked to see if thematerial that extends out (and on which the sticker is placed) rubs the paint in any way, or is it suspended off the surface? I am worried about paint damage from it vibrating...

Thanks!

P.S. Mailed in my HOV sticker request today. No HOV lanes near me, but for the price of a stamp (and $10 for tools and materials) I figured it was a worthy project.

The MD HOV sticker is worthless to me, since I don't ever drive on the limited stretch of highway they can be used on. That's why I didn't even bother applying for an HOV sticker for my Bolt. My Volt has the sticker though (Sep 2018 exp).

The MD HOV sticker is worthless to me, since I don't ever drive on the limited stretch of highway they can be used on. That's why I didn't even bother applying for an HOV sticker for my Bolt. My Volt has the sticker though (Sep 2018 exp).
I understand there are two stretches...one on I-270 between 495 and Germantown and one on I-50 somewhere between 495 and Annapolis.

Thanks! Good thread. It is closed to me, so I wanted to ask a couple of questions...

1) It appears as if you only use the top and bottom left side screws, not all four to affix the ersatz lexan material behind the tag, is that right?

2) Did you cut the material smaller than the full height of the tag, or the same size?

3) Have you checked to see if thematerial that extends out (and on which the sticker is placed) rubs the paint in any way, or is it suspended off the surface? I am worried about paint damage from it vibrating...

Thanks!

P.S. Mailed in my HOV sticker request today. No HOV lanes near me, but for the price of a stamp (and $10 for tools and materials) I figured it was a worthy project.

1) I intended to only use the screws you call out, but the material ended up extending past the remaining 2 screw holes. In the end, all 4 screws went through the material.

2) The material is about a blades width smaller. I "measured" the exact tag size and cut on the inside of that line.

3) I haven't checked recently, but I don't notice any paint damage when I gently bend the material up during car washes. Regardless, it seems to be doing better than affixing the sticker to the paint directly!

• Helpful
Reactions: DarrenK