Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E1931BCF-9C30-4453-8B35-B7CF3894FE44.jpeg
Well the day has finally come! Was unable to pick it up Saturday due to the truck being delayed. Process was smooth but the customer service was poor, it seemed they just want you out of there. Now I have to make appointments to get some things fixed 🤷🏻‍♂️

What needs fixing?
The side cameras and the housings mostly. The cameras gave off an orange tint and the left housing has a wide enough gap that you can stick a fat flathead and pry it off. The right was the same but not as wide.
And had the usual panel gaps, slightly misaligned doors, minor scuffs on the interior, etc. but I'm not really concerned about those.

]Well the day has finally come! Was unable to pick it up Saturday due to the truck being delayed. Process was smooth but the customer service was poor, it seemed they just want you out of there. Now I have to make appointments to get some things fixed 🤷🏻‍♂️
Looks great!

Hopefully I am not too far behind you, although the delivery window is gone..... yet again.....

Enjoy the car!

Reactions: DanJae
What needs fixing?
Not OP, but I am also waiting for a fix - one of the seats in the third row won't un-stow (i.e. is stuck in the down position). Took the car in to get fixed earlier this month, and got the car back and it was still broken. I asked what happened and they said the part wasn't in. No idea what they did with my car all day, but now have another appointment to get it fixed.

Also, this didn't require a trip to the service center, but the car was absolutely filthy inside when I picked it up. Grease marks all over the place. Cleaned up with a baby wipe, but not a great look when spending so much money on a car!

Not OP, but I am also waiting for a fix - one of the seats in the third row won't un-stow (i.e. is stuck in the down position). Took the car in to get fixed earlier this month, and got the car back and it was still broken. I asked what happened and they said the part wasn't in. No idea what they did with my car all day, but now have another appointment to get it fixed.

Also, this didn't require a trip to the service center, but the car was absolutely filthy inside when I picked it up. Grease marks all over the place. Cleaned up with a baby wipe, but not a great look when spending so much money on a car!
Thanks for the info. Adding baby wipes to my pick-up-day-kit when i pick up my MY in forever from now.

Sounds a bit ridiculous for them to tell you to come in, without having the part in hand, and then give it back as is. Hope they actually repair next time.

Are MD MYs coming with mud flaps/PPF by the rear tire installed?

Also, ordered wheels, tire separate (not sure if I’ll get new TPMS or move them over)

Anyone know a place in MOCO that will mount/balance/put on car?

MY/LR/5 | W/B | 19”G | No Tow | OD 5/26/21 | Orig EDD July 2021 | Current EDD 10/20-27/2021

Last week I finally received a VIN#, and yesterday I received a notification to schedule delivery date. So on 10/22/2021 I’ll finally get to sit behind the wheel of my Model Y.
How long did you take to go from VIN to scheduling delivery? I got my VIN on 10/11 and my EDD then updated to 10/23-29. But haven’t heard anything new since then.

How long did you take to go from VIN to scheduling delivery? I got my VIN on 10/11 and my EDD then updated to 10/23-29. But haven’t heard anything new since then.
I received the text and email notification to schedule delivery approximately 5-7 days after receiving my VIN#. You’ll probably receive your notification in within the next few days, and you’ll likely schedule a day within the 23-29.

I received the text and email notification to schedule delivery approximately 5-7 days after receiving my VIN#. You’ll probably receive your notification in within the next few days, and you’ll likely schedule a day within the 23-29.
Yup, you were right. Got my appoint set today for the 23rd!