Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 5/21 for Rockville pickup and am seeing basically the same EDD as you. 9/8-9/28 right now. It's been a struggle watching people with Mid June LR orders getting their cars =(
I ordered in June also. White/White/LR Gemini. I guess all of our cars will be in the same truck because we all have same EED. My pick is Owings Mills.

One thing I heard, no idea if it’s true or not, is that you should say it’s for an EV charger not a Tesla charger when asking for a quote. Apparently there is a “Tesla tax” at some electricians.

One thing I heard, no idea if it’s true or not, is that you should say it’s for an EV charger not a Tesla charger when asking for a quote. Apparently there is a “Tesla tax” at some electricians.
I got mine installed last month. I searched around and got probably 9-10 quotes on the job. A couple just for a "outlet in the garage for a fridge" and the rest for a lvl 2 charger. I didn't purchase a tesla charger but I did end up using one of the "tesla approved" companies. In my searching the "tesla" companies ended up being cheaper than the other local electricians so I chose the one that offered free uninstalls on the hardwired charger.

Reactions: surferfb
Stay patient friends. I ordered 05/20 and changed my order about a month later to a 7 seater. Just got my vin assigned today! The EDD was all over the place and changing each day
Excited this wait is coming to an end

Reactions: surferfb
I’m curious how people get assigned VINs. Does your SA reach out to you or does it show up on your account? My EDD, Aug 26 - Sep 15 as of today, is slowly approaching but I’ve gotten no updates or calls for the contract and final payments.

Dashboard is now fixed and finally got to see my new EDD, which is now October. I really hope it's sooner since I'm going to be moving out of state for work.
Recently its been taking 60-80 days to even see your VIN show up with your EDD bouncing all around. Its been pretty difficult to udnerstand and estimate as demand has been so high during a time of parts shortages. This guy on twitter https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike/ has a survey you can fill out or even just view the results... its a giant Google spreadsheet where you can see "VINS per day" as reported by people taking the survey.

I’m curious how people get assigned VINs. Does your SA reach out to you or does it show up on your account? My EDD, Aug 26 - Sep 15 as of today, is slowly approaching but I’ve gotten no updates or calls for the contract and final payments.
Mine showed up in my account - I didn’t get an email or text or anything. I did reach out to my SA, who has been great, and he was like “congrats - the delivery team will be in touch when the car is closer to MD.” That was on Monday, haven’t heard anything since, but EDD is 8/18 - 8/24, so they have a few days before we‘re there.

Anyone here actually live in VA but have a SA in Maryland? He sent me an email saying that my pickup location would be Rockville when it comes in, but I think the email was copy/pasted from his other customers. I live about 3.5 miles from the Sterling Service Center. When I put my order in I chose Tyco for delivery. Anyone know if picking up in MD could be an issue?

Mine showed up in my account - I didn’t get an email or text or anything. I did reach out to my SA, who has been great, and he was like “congrats - the delivery team will be in touch when the car is closer to MD.” That was on Monday, haven’t heard anything since, but EDD is 8/18 - 8/24, so they have a few days before we‘re there.
Have you gotten any updates for your delivery? Mine is slowly beeping pushed to the right, Sep 1- Sep 21, with no VIN in sight.