Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How successful have folks already been in delaying delivery? I will legitimately be out of the US with family for the last 3 weeks of December, which is my EDD. When I placed the order the EDD said "January" so I thought nothing of the vacation.

For PPF and tint, I am thinking partial/front PPF (if anything) and then front and back tint. Maybe ceramic coating later on. Some pricing has been outrageous though for PPF. The Tesla tax is real.

How successful have folks already been in delaying delivery? I will legitimately be out of the US with family for the last 3 weeks of December, which is my EDD. When I placed the order the EDD said "January" so I thought nothing of the vacation.

For PPF and tint, I am thinking partial/front PPF (if anything) and then front and back tint. Maybe ceramic coating later on. Some pricing has been outrageous though for PPF. The Tesla tax is real.

Your delivery is on hold​

Your delivery is on hold until January 03, 2022. If your circumstances have changed and you’re now ready to take delivery, tap “I’m Ready” and complete your pre-delivery tasks. You will then be notified when the next Model Y with your configuration is available.

Dont know if this means i go to the back of the line once I remove the hold?

For those that picked up in Rockville, how was the experience? Anything to be aware of? I am picking up on Saturday
Just picked up Saturday.
Agree with Tabor, take a pen.
My car had lots of bits on it (delivery wrap, plasticky stuff), service guy came out and cleaned it all. Make a list if you have questions... I brought mudflaps for them to put on and when I saw my car I got so excited I forgot them.
Enjoy!!!

Reactions: nastickm
Just picked up Saturday.
Agree with Tabor, take a pen.
My car had lots of bits on it (delivery wrap, plasticky stuff), service guy came out and cleaned it all. Make a list if you have questions... I brought mudflaps for them to put on and when I saw my car I got so excited I forgot them.
Enjoy!!!
Thanks for the info, I was going to ask if it came with mud flaps...good to know I will need them :)

What was your EDD originally after VIN assignment and how many times it got pushed back due to missing part? And which model M3 or Y?
I traded my M3 for a Y. My original appointment was set for 4/30. I picked up 5/8. I don’t think others will have to wait that long, because it’s a simple fix, they simply didn’t have the part. Hopefully they do now.