Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory seat(s) - I'm not crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believed when I bought my car that I thought it had "memory seats" - plural. But when I took delivery, I just thought I had lost my mind.

I have the Tech package, 11/13 build.

I was just looking at the CPO inventory out of curiosity and the Tech Package description clearly says "memory seats". But there are only two adjustable seats in the car, right? And, if so, we know that the driver's seat is controlled by the profile. Where, then, is the other memory seat? It's nowhere, am I correct? Would it then be correct that the description should be "memory seat" - singular?

Now, I'm not suggesting that we get out pitchforks and start calling people names. But this is a major marketing error that could lead to real issues for the company, IMHO.

Then I looked in design studio and it says the following: "
  • Twelve way power adjustable, heated front seats with memory and driver profile"
I think they should be clearer.

Passenger seat memory would be nice, though.

Last edited:
I've asked the same question about a year ago, why doesn't the passenger seat have memory?

One of the people on the forum who takes apart cars (btr_ftw? wk057? ingineer?) said that only the drivers seat has the module necessary to have a memory option. So this isn't a software update they can push out later either.

Good point. I do believe there is some hope that this could be implemented via a software update. I read in another thread discussing information on one of the the CAN busses, that there is data flowing for controlling the passenger seat. It's just not exposed to the user interface. So perhaps Tesla can remedy this via software.