Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memphis Service Center?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email that a Service Center is now open in Memphis, 5851 Advantage Cove Memphis, TN 9086

That kinda popped out of no where. Was never mentioned on the map as coming soon. Even our local mobile guy didn't know one was coming when I asked him a bit ago if one would ever open in Memphis.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Here you go.
DD130B0A-2A41-401A-BCDF-687CCA46689B.jpeg

Soooo ... for those who don't know Memphis, this area is where the hood meets the trucking depots. Not exactly where I would like to drive my $100K car. However, if I was Tesla, and I wanted to build a demo Megacharger to be used by multiple trucking companies, this is EXACTLY where I would put it. I think I need to drive down there tomorrow and look for a Megacharger construction site ....

Reactions: 1speed
Stopped by yesterday ... not a nice site at all. They were still demoing the interior, "for lease" sign still up by the street a dumpster with boxes in the drive, the Tesla symbol is stenciled on the front door "service by appointment only." Lot to the right is empty, lot to the left is under construction (can't tell what it will be).

Massive Kroger distribution center is around the corner, including several "truck staging areas" where they appear to sit for a while, waiting for an open loading dock. There was ~ 50 idling, with a lady walking around carrying a CB directing each truck when it was their turn. And, an almost equally massive US Foods distribution center on the other side of that street.

Last edited:
You can't schedule appointments yet there so it's still way under construction. Any signs of a Super Charger? I wonder if they will use it for deliveries.
Not that I can see. I tried looking through the permits, but the web site has changed and I can't figure it out. There is the lot to the east under construction, tearing the whole lot up. Could be a Megacharger, but then the new building going on that lot doesn't fit. And there's a grass field to the west on which they could readily build charging stations, but it looks to me to be too tight for a Megacharger.

Anyway, with Fedex Freight being headquartered within 1-2 miles and every other distribution company known to man within the same 1-2 miles, its a great location (in general) for a Megacharger.

As to Superchargers, this wouldn't service locals, would be great for US-78/I-22 and not bad at all for I-55 and I-69. It's not too far from I-240 and therefore I-40, but not any better (for cars) than the current location, which is never full.

You can't schedule appointments yet there so it's still way under construction. Any signs of a Super Charger? I wonder if they will use it for deliveries.
Tesla stopped co-locating publicly available superchargers with their service or delivery centers. The increased business at the service/delivery centers ended up with Tesla monopolizing the chargers and it was causing friction with owners who were trying to use them. Plus, dealing with the constant flow of owners made it so that Tesla couldn't get as many cars through and charged. In places where they have had them together, Tesla opened a new supercharger location nearby for public use and then de-listed the old one so that they could monopolize its use without trouble. So, you can pretty much discount any new service/delivery center as a location for future supercharger builds.

Are all service centers capable of completing all services?
I tried to get Tesla to deliver to the Memphis service center, and they said that they could not deliver to that service center. Kind of sounded like it wasn't a standard full-service center. I'm concerned because if there are things that need to be fixed with the fit and finish after I pick up my MY, I don't have the flexibility to drive to Nashville every other weekend.

I had an out of warranty bumper swap there due to a collision and the service advisor there, Matt, is top notch. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Last word is they resigned the lease and are still scouting another permanent location somewhere.

I had an out of warranty bumper swap there due to a collision and the service advisor there, Matt, is top notch. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Last word is they resigned the lease and are still scouting another permanent location somewhere.

Thank you for the info. I was a little nervous that since they wouldn't deliver to the SC here in Memphis it might not be full service.

Thank you for the info. I was a little nervous that since they wouldn't deliver to the SC here in Memphis it might not be full service.

I can't edit my post? Maybe because I'm new? JMar, have you received you TMY yet? We are so close to pulling the trigger, would love to just see one in person and take a ride if the owner felt comfortable considering pandemic. Masked of course.

I can't edit my post? Maybe because I'm new? JMar, have you received you TMY yet? We are so close to pulling the trigger, would love to just see one in person and take a ride if the owner felt comfortable considering pandemic. Masked of course.

I have not received it yet. Last Friday they said it had arrived so we scheduled a pickup for the next day but they called me back immediately and said they rejected the car and would not have felt right allowing me to take delivery of it. The Nashville SC has been great. If I get it anytime soon I'd be more than happy to link up.

Reactions: imola.zhp