Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metro ExpressLanes (FasTrak Flex) Transponder Mounting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone please confirm whether the Metro ExpressLanes (FasTrak Flex) transponder gets detected/scanned properly if mounted under the glass roof of a MY (like this)?

I know the MY manual says to use the windshield spot just to the right of the rear view mirror assembly but it's still a bit distracting (and looks "bad" -- nitpicking -- from the outside since there's no tinted strip there or whatever) so I'm trying to find a good alternate place where it's relatively "hidden". I have spare velcro strips that shouldn't melt or fall off due to sun/heat.

I can try holding it there while driving under the scanners on the 110 this weekend to check but with so many Teslas around in Southern California, I'm sure someone has already tried/is doing this (if it works). Hah!

Thank you. I did get a chance to test this past weekend and it seems to be detected just fine while holding it there while driving under the readers.

Velcro-ing to somewhere in the back sounds better but I'd like it towards the front and easily reachable so I can flip between solo/2/3+ depending on how many people I have in the car (without having to remember to switch it before I start driving if it's by the trunk, etc.)

Mounting FasTrack transponder inside windshield- Page 208 in the Y manual:

1708470957096.png