Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meursault's 48 hours with the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meursault - congrats on your new S! Feel free to stop by tomorrow - Tesla owners Illinois Meetup at 1pm (1/12) - Whole Foods Schaumburg. We should have a decent group of cars there - unless you're already in our group and I don't recognize the handle? (possibility!)

Another fool on the expressway tried to outdo all other drivers today with his sports car. I pity these people. 3 seconds of command on my S and they are back in the last century. Oh, how the once mighty gas machines have fallen!

aronth5 - just put down the $ for your reservation and figure out how to pay for your S before it arrives. When you get your car next fall it will all be worth it.

2 weeks until my first roadtrip - cannot wait!

Oh the B pillar! I was analyzing this during my drive into work and realized that C pillar is too far forward as well. The front door needs to be a good 3" longer and then let the rear door slide back as well. All big stuff though! Not a small change to move the B/C pillars back 3"!

Have you tried the Enter/Exit Driver Profile gambit? Set a special (seat fwd, driving wheel up and forward) Driver Profile for comfortable in-and-e-gress? Choose before exit, remains until you change to your own after re-entry?

Will you all please stop with these glowing reports of your driving experiences. I cannot take them anymore! They are just killing me as I "try" and hold off until Gen3.
Hopefully I can find a way to be near the top of the list when Gen3 comes out so I can share with everyone how great it is. Unfortunately not sure
I'm going to make it though:smile: The Model S gets sweeter after reading each new driving experience post.
Gosh golly, I betcha could trade in a 2 or 3 yr old MS one-for-one for a brand new Gen III! :cool:

Will you all please stop with these glowing reports of your driving experiences. I cannot take them anymore! They are just killing me as I "try" and hold off until Gen3...

I feel the same way. At least I have my humble Roadster to get me through.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same way. At least I have my humble Roadster to get me through.

Maybe an aftermarket company can make an aluminum block to replace the wear point.

Some photos of Tess in the urban setting. The previous name of this color (Dolphin Grey) is fitting since in a certain light there is a blue/green aspect to it:

IMG_4387.jpg
IMG_4399.jpg
IMG_4400.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is a first - observer on the street wanted to pose in a unique way with the car - the possibility for captions is limitless:

IMG_4398.jpg

Some photos of Tess in the urban setting. The previous name of this color (Dolphin Grey) is fitting since in a certain light there is a blue/green aspect to it:

- - - Updated - - -

And here is a first - observer on the street wanted to pose in a unique way with the car - the possibility for captions is limitless:

View attachment 14503

Of the first 10 potential comments that instantly popped into my head upon seeing that picture, not a single one would have made a meaningful contribution to this discussion, or maintained the decorum that we strive to meet here on TMC. That I now find myself unable to comment due to my baser instincts saddens me..

Ok, not really.. :rolleyes:

Great post, particularly well balanced between the basic transformative nature of the car and driving experience, and some of the execution oddities. What I was drawn to was your comments about the seats. Imperfect seats. . . Why do they exist in *any* car? I can almost forgive Tesla for the seats in this car since the vehicle is such a wholesale redesign of the concept of a "car." However, when building a car, how can it be possible not to start from the seat (in a driver-centric concept) and work your way out? Yet even many high end cars often give relatively short shrift to this most critical element. I currently own a Volvo S60R which has the most lovely of supportive and comfortable seats, but it is the first car I have ever owned that has spoiled me this way. I know that I am going a bit backwards when my MS arrives (Feb/March) in this respect, but the miles forward in so many other ways is the compensation. (I should note that the B-pillar in the Volvo is also a disaster of design and was severely worn within a year of purchase. . .bummer!)

Of the first 10 potential comments that instantly popped into my head upon seeing that picture, not a single one would have made a meaningful contribution to this discussion, or maintained the decorum that we strive to meet here on TMC. That I now find myself unable to comment due to my baser instincts saddens me..

Is "I've kept it warm for you" saying too much? ;)

View attachment 14503
Ok, I'll take a stab at this one...

"And here's my engine."

Props to you for managing to refrain. It appears most could learn from you. :)

(Family site, guys.)