Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super happy they're delivering the MYP with these A/S now in more regions...

View attachment 748646
Have you tested it on icy roads.. if there is such a thing in SeaTac area? Trying to figure out how I am going to manage the AS4s with our MYP here in Alaska. Supposed to take delivery in the next 2 weeks and it is really stressing me out that the only options are coughing up another $3500 for a set of winter tires+wheels.

Have you tested it on icy roads.. if there is such a thing in SeaTac area? Trying to figure out how I am going to manage the AS4s with our MYP here in Alaska. Supposed to take delivery in the next 2 weeks and it is really stressing me out that the only options are coughing up another $3500 for a set of winter tires+wheels.
They’ve been fine for me in Denver and also in the mountains with snow. A bit of sliding here and there, but overall what I would expect and don’t feel the need to change them out.

Reactions: 907XCP
The week we took delivery we got a foot of snow around here and a lot of ice, we managed up and down hills, had a winter kit in the car, and never needed the chains (note: expensive chains for the 21's that's for sure). Slow and easy.

I think for us we do a decent amount of winter sport - skiing and showshoeing - but it's always within a relatively safe approach from major plowed highway on and off-ramps to a state-run park or forest road close to the highway or ski resort... if we were going into a forest road we'd probably want real winter tires.

Any chance you can post a rear ass shot so I can see how wide the tires look on that rear :p
Here is a rear shot of 295 width tires (these are the Michelin PS AS4 295 40 21).

Attachments

• 295 Rear.jpg
    295 Rear.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 242
Yeah I saw that and that's what gave me the confidence to tell them to install the 40s in the first place! I look forward to seeing them on yours instead.
I am in love with the bigger tires. Pic here. 265/40 & 295/40. Looks aggressive and smooths out the ride. No rubbing at full lock. No issues installing at Discount Tire. Plenty of space. No issues over bumps or steep driveways, etc. If the 35s aren't in stock, go to the 40s. If the 35s are in stock, I don't know if it makes that big of a difference.
PXL_20220121_225729986.jpg
PXL_20220128_172652180.jpg
PXL_20220128_172622697.jpg

I am in love with the bigger tires. Pic here. 265/40 & 295/40. Looks aggressive and smooths out the ride. No rubbing at full lock. No issues installing at Discount Tire. Plenty of space. No issues over bumps or steep driveways, etc. If the 35s aren't in stock, go to the 40s. If the 35s are in stock, I don't know if it makes that big of a difference.

Really closed the wheel gap nicely as well, looks great!

Looks perfect now! 👌 What are you doing with the factory tires that it came with? Listing them for sale on Ebay? I have plans to do the same 265/40/21 & 295/40/21 as soon as I take delivery. I am just waiting to hear an update before I buy them. Maybe with all of these delivery and supply chain issues I had better secure a set now so I am ready to go. Who really knows what tires these new builds will come with in a month or two?

Looks perfect now! 👌 What are you doing with the factory tires that it came with? Listing them for sale on Ebay? I have plans to do the same 265/40/21 & 295/40/21 as soon as I take delivery. I am just waiting to hear an update before I buy them. Maybe with all of these delivery and supply chain issues I had better secure a set now so I am ready to go. Who really knows what tires these new builds will come with in a month or two?
I sold my summer P-Zeros on Offerup within about 4 weeks. The guy had just taken delivery of a 7-seat MY and had purchased the 21" wheels from someone else, needed tires for them. Listed them for $800 and got $700. Probably easier to sell summer tires in winter here in SoCal, but if you price them to sell you should be able to find a buyer.

I sold the stock Michelins on here actually. Shipped them out to a super nice guy in the midwest. They were only up for a few days, but shipping was a bit of a hassle.

Reactions: OutofPocket
Anyone know the pros/cons of

SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS​

I need new tires and the Michelin are back ordered until 4/1/2022!!​

I went with 265/35 and 295/35 which were available within 2 days in the Bay Area (as of last Friday). Sounds like you really want the higher sidewall but given your choices are slim based on availability its something to consider

also stop yelling

Reactions: Canyonero