Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid range battery available now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3.3 for P now. Anyone tested their P to see if it’s inproved?

Yes and it’s the same. I’m on 2018.39.7 and I got the same time as I did 2 months ago.

Attachments

• CAE7E753-992C-4CD9-A8C1-A7BDB14937D8.jpeg
    CAE7E753-992C-4CD9-A8C1-A7BDB14937D8.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: kbecks13
I just refreshed my design page and the MR is now showing as 48,000 and the LR/AWD is showing as 57,000. Yikes! Hope this is a glitch while they are updating the site.

It's not a glitch, you likely have something else added while you were playing around with options. The base price for MR is $45k. It goes up if you start adding paint colors, white interiors, wheels upgrade, etc.

AWd and performance would have the same range too, right?
Officially, but only because Tesla voluntarily reduced the EPA rated range from 334 to 310 miles (apparently, that's a thing you can do, but unsurprisingly just about nobody ever does). The result is in real life driving the RWD gets more range than the AWD models... but they get to market the AWD models as not being worse than RWD for range.

I like the idea of having a limited run LR RWD, but I have a feeling the medium range car is just a short term solution. Once they get costs down, I think Tesla will come out with the SR model and discontinue the MR. Once (and if) that happens, they will likely reintroduce the LR RWD.

I fully agree with the quote above. Short Range Pack release in 2019 replaces Mid Range pack on configuration site. Long Range Pack options open up again after that again in 2019.

There might be a few unicorn Mid Range packs delivered in 2019 or there might be a bunch of them. Either way I consider they'll feel like a unicorn in a few years.

Reactions: APotatoGod and TT97
  • The standard return period is one (1) calendar day after delivery. If you have taken delivery of your vehicle without ever having taken a test or demo drive with us, we understand that you may want additional time to get to know your vehicle. In that case, you will have three (3) calendar days after delivery to return your vehicle, subject to the terms and conditions of this policy.
I have not done a test drive with Tesla but own a Model 3. Wonder if the 3 day policy still applies? :D

Hi @Buddyroe

Hi. How are you?

I still don't believe you own a Tesla. :)

What part of the country do you live in? (I'm guessing you're going to say Northwest since you know where I live - and you know that would make it infeasible for us to meet.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Damn, I am taking delivery of a LR RWD on Sunday. Now I'm debating whether or not I should reschedule and get the Mid w/ white interior. Decisions....decisions.
Almost certainly they'll ding $ for a change fee, and you'll be on needles whether they get you the car in time for Dec 31 cut-off on the Tax Credit.

I have a AWD but I can tell you that if I had a RWD LR I'd consider myself having made out like a bandit. :) The only rub is the white vs black seats (which admittedly I passed on, anyway even though I could have ordered them).

I fully agree with the quote above. Short Range Pack release in 2019 replaces Mid Range pack on configuration site. Long Range Pack options open up again after that again in 2019.

There might be a few unicorn Mid Range packs delivered in 2019 or there might be a bunch of them. Either way I consider they'll feel like a unicorn in a few years.

I'm not sure about that. The MR Model 3 is now in direct competition with the new long range Nissan LEAF and Chevy Bolt, both are trying to sell their new models for $37k - $44k. Tesla has now stepped in and said "hold on we want to play". For $45k you have a Model 3 that has better range, better performance, better tech, and safer.

SR Model 3 at 220mi won't quite have the range advantage. So I'm not so sure MR will go away at all since it competes so well against the upcoming LEAF and Bolt.

Damn, I am taking delivery of a LR RWD on Sunday. Now I'm debating whether or not I should reschedule and get the Mid w/ white interior. Decisions....decisions.

Tough choice! With the new MR RWD you'll get white interiors option, lower base cost, and lower range. LR RWD you'll get the longest range Model 3 available today (longer and more efficient than AWD/P3D)...but no white interior option, and higher base cost.

Do you want range or white interiors? :D

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
SR Model 3 at 220mi won't quite have the range advantage. So I'm not so sure MR will go away at all since it competes so well against the upcoming LEAF and Bolt.
Yeah, it's the 220mi variant that is more at risk long term. Such is still the state of batteries that Tesla will eventually bump up the bottom end of range. Probably closer to the Gen 4 than closer to now, but it'll happen as battery costs drop.

The prices seem to be glitching for me. The mid-range is listing at $28,200 but when you select that option it comes up with a $45,000 price at the bottom. That and the white interior is now $1,000 instead of $1500. Is that happening for anyone else?

The prices seem to be glitching for me. The mid-range is listing at $28,200 but when you select that option it comes up with a $45,000 price at the bottom. That and the white interior is now $1,000 instead of $1500. Is that happening for anyone else?
White interior price was lowered. The $28,200 number or whatever is their "after savings" thing. :rolleyes: They're really trying to put that out front now.

The price they show is with incentives and savings, such as rebates + gas savings. The price below on the bottom left, $45k, is the correct base price before savings.

And yes white interiors is only $1k now, lucky sobs.

Almost certainly they'll ding $ for a change fee, and you'll be on needles whether they get you the car in time for Dec 31 cut-off on the Tax Credit.

I have a AWD but I can tell you that if I had a RWD LR I'd consider myself having made out like a bandit. :) The only rub is the white vs black seats (which admittedly I passed on, anyway even though I could have ordered them).

Making me feel better about taking delivery on Sunday... thanks! Definitely don't want to miss the tax credit and the $4k (taxable) low carbon credit my work offers for purchases in 2018.