Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range Battery Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This page states 8 years, 100k miles*:
Vehicle Warranty | Model 3

The Model 3 warranty booklet doesn't have Mid Range*:
https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model_3_New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_NA_en.pdf

MVPA links to this booklet, which doesn't even reference the Model 3 and states 8 years, unlimited miles, except for 60kWh battery (125k miles)*:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_North_America_en_US.pdf

My vehicle details page states 8 years, 120k miles:
upload_2018-12-3_11-11-37.png

Interestingly, battery size is not even indicated on the details page...

Does any other contractual documentation show one or the other? Do you think I'll be able to use this screenshot (saved a printout with date and time) to obtain coverage through 120k miles?

*As of 12/3/2018

...use this screenshot (saved a printout with date and time) to obtain coverage through 120k miles?...

The "Modifications and Waivers" seems to suggest that Tesla can change its terms at any time.

Despite that, I think Tesla has been grandfathering those who have owned the car prior to any changes.

I would send a clarification to get a confirmation that you are grandfathered in while the change is still fresh and I wouldn't wait to find out years later.

If you are not grandfathered in, they should give you a reason like a website mistake, enforcement of "Modifications and Waivers"...

• Helpful
Reactions: remlemasi
The "Modifications and Waivers" seems to suggest that Tesla can change its terms at any time.

Despite that, I think Tesla has been grandfathering those who have owned the car prior to any changes.

I would send a clarification to get a confirmation that you are grandfathered in while the change is still fresh and I wouldn't wait to find out years later.

If you are not grandfathered in, they should give you a reason like a website mistake, enforcement of "Modifications and Waivers"...

Very helpful. Do you have a suggestion on what department to call or which email to use?

Very helpful. Do you have a suggestion on what department to call or which email to use?

I would go to Tesla Account website and click "Request Help" and enter "Service" department and cite your VIN that it should be grandfathered in prior to the change as you have the proof of the screen capture or cite the link to this thread if the page does not take the attachment.

• Helpful
Reactions: remlemasi
I would go to Tesla Account website and click "Request Help" and enter "Service" department and cite your VIN that it should be grandfathered in prior to the change as you have the proof of the screen capture or cite the link to this thread if the page does not take the attachment.

Thanks again. I'm thinking more about your wording, "prior to the change". Was it originally 120k miles of coverage and and then recently reduced to 100k miles? Did I miss the thread discussing such a change?