Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting but wanted to put it out there-got the email tonight from IDA with a tentative home delivery date of 11/21 in Chicago area. On the fence about home delivery or Westmont SC...just need to confirm details to discuss delivery specifics.

Day 1 reservation holder
Configured 10/22
Mid range
Midnight Silver w black interior
19" wheels

First time posting but wanted to put it out there-got the email tonight from IDA with a tentative home delivery date of 11/21 in Chicago area. On the fence about home delivery or Westmont SC...just need to confirm details to discuss delivery specifics.

Day 1 reservation holder
Configured 10/22
Mid range
Midnight Silver w black interior
19" wheels

Congrats! Still patiently waiting for any life of change. also from chicago!

Non reservation
10/26
Mid range
Blue
Black interior
EAP
18 inch

Noticed a change in my account just now, but not the change I would expect. Would just love to know what triggers weirdness like this:

Screenshot_20181104-002718.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-002718.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20181104-002718.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 78
Hello! Long time lurker...First time buyer!

I had a reservation from June 2017, but when I went to purchase the MR on 10/27 it created a new order but it didn't use the reservation. When I spoke with Tesla they told me it didn't matter and refunded my $1000. I'm on the East Coast as are many others here and am hoping for the best!

Just a question in the meantime...At some point (hopefully a long time in the future) the car will need a new battery. Would it be possible to swap out the MR battery for the LR battery?

Hello! Long time lurker...First time buyer!

I had a reservation from June 2017, but when I went to purchase the MR on 10/27 it created a new order but it didn't use the reservation. When I spoke with Tesla they told me it didn't matter and refunded my $1000. I'm on the East Coast as are many others here and am hoping for the best!

Just a question in the meantime...At some point (hopefully a long time in the future) the car will need a new battery. Would it be possible to swap out the MR battery for the LR battery?

Based on the little data we have so far it would indicate the reservation does matter. If you look at the Tracker you will see all of them except one had reservations and the one that doesn’t is an owner... maybe it’s just by chance though.

As for the battery, once it’s out of warranty and you can find a wrecked LR and take the battery I’m sure you can swap it in... but it’s not going to be easy. The S and X were designed to have the battery swapped because they wanted to minimize the time to refuel but very few people used this method so they *sugar* canned the idea. The 3 was not built this way and it seems you need to remove a lot of the interior to do so. I wonder if their will be dedicated shops to doing this for people?

Reactions: model3fan