Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally got somebody to help me with local/regional inventory. I called couple of local delivery centers and they have few LR + RWD and a lot of AWD’s available. The guy said these go pretty fast but this is the first time he has actually seen these many cars in inventory.

Basically $5500 extra for LR and Blue/MSM compared to what I orderedwhich is MR + Black. Wheels are Aero.

Also within ~200 miles they can move cars across centers and match the VIN to existing order. I have like 10+ delivery centers within that radius.

Does anyone know what was LR battery cost off-menu from MR ? Seems it’s now $4k. But that could be due to $1k increase in price couple of weeks back. I thought it was $3k for LR off-menu.

So finally got somebody to help me with local/regional inventory. I called couple of local delivery centers and they have few LR + RWD and a lot of AWD’s available. The guy said these go pretty fast but this is the first time he has actually seen these many cars in inventory.

Basically $5500 extra for LR and Blue/MSM compared to what I orderedwhich is MR + Black. Wheels are Aero.

Also within ~200 miles they can move cars across centers and match the VIN to existing order. I have like 10+ delivery centers within that radius.

Does anyone know what was LR battery cost off-menu from MR ? Seems it’s now $4k. But that could be due to $1k increase in price couple of weeks back. I thought it was $3k for LR off-menu.

I'm curious.. how do you find delivery centers phone numbers? you just call Tesla customer service and then connect to them? I'd love to do the same and change my MR to LR if its gonna be additional $5500.. Pleasee let me know..

LR is $49000, so 4k from original $45,000 and 3k from price increase $46,000. For me I ordered after price increase so 3k extra for LR was a no brainer.

I'm curious.. how do you find delivery centers phone numbers? you just call Tesla customer service and then connect to them? I'd love to do the same and change my MR to LR if its gonna be additional $5500.. Pleasee let me know..

Hey Selva, I'm also from Illinois, Chicago to be exact. Call sales in showroom and have them search. I called mine on Grand and they easier searched for LR RWD and they had 2 on Monday, I took the white that was actually sitting in westmont. Quick and easy to transfer got delivery advisor and delivery date the next day, 11/21!

Also, upgrade is 3,000 extra if you got the MR at 46,000

Hey Selva, I'm also from Illinois, Chicago to be exact. Call sales in showroom and have them search. I called mine on Grand and they easier searched for LR RWD and they had 2 on Monday, I took the white that was actually sitting in westmont. Quick and easy to transfer got delivery advisor and delivery date the next day, 11/21!

I asked someone in the Gold Coast store on Tuesday if there were more LR RWD available. She said there were no more to be had, but would let me know. Now I wonder if that was true.

I don’t think the upgrade from MR to LR is necessary. It’s nice to have for sure if you can financially swing it. But I bet the epa 260mi range will be more like 280mi. The MR has more range then my P85 and I’ve never complained about range or charging. The MR has more range and will probably supercharge faster too.

$4k savings with MR nearly buys EAP.
I don’t think they will make the MR rear wheel drive for long either. Just standard battery RWD or longer range battery AWD.

0-60 and top speed between the two is negligible in real world driving.

Thanks for the Information.

I called my OA at westmont and he said he got 2 LR + RWD available.

One of which is an upgrade MSM color but no other upgrades otherwise.. but the final cost he said is $62,500

My MR is Blue (on other upgrades) comes to 52,700. So it is almost $10k more?!?

I cannot still understand the upgrade you did was just $5500 from your black to MSM? while mine is coming to $10k.

One of which is an upgrade MSM color but no other upgrades otherwise.. but the final cost he said is $62,500

I cannot still understand the upgrade you did was just $5500 from your black to MSM? while mine is coming to $10k.

He probably has more discount on his inventory car.

I don’t think the upgrade from MR to LR is necessary. It’s nice to have for sure if you can financially swing it. But I bet the epa 260mi range will be more like 280mi. The MR has more range then my P85 and I’ve never complained about range or charging. The MR has more range and will probably supercharge faster too.

$4k savings with MR nearly buys EAP.
I don’t think they will make the MR rear wheel drive for long either. Just standard battery RWD or longer range battery AWD.

0-60 and top speed between the two is negligible in real world driving.
That is precisely what my OA is saying. He said the difference is more from 0-15 once it hits 15mph, pretty much no diff between MR and LR. I got in early on the MR @ $45K so it would be a $4K bump to move to LR for me.. Tough choice..

You might of confused me with someone else. I paid an extra $3500.

1st reservation: Blue MR, black interior, 18, EAP which was $52,500

Switched to

White (extra 500) LR RWD (extra 3000 46k to 49k base), 18, EAP for total $56,000. Hope that clears it up. No discounts, I wished! I was just happy to get the car sooner and not worry about rebate deadline. Extra miles and 0-60 was a plus. Good luck!

Reactions: Selva_IL