Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 10/20 black w/ white interior. I have not heard anything. I am assigned to West Palm Beach Florida which is 3 hours away. Anyways I called the 1-800 number and the Tesla rep told me that I might be better if switching to black interior but the order change would take 1 week to go into affect. I think it’s best to hold fast to white at this point.

Reactions: Badshirt
I ordered 10/20 black w/ white interior. I have not heard anything. I am assigned to West Palm Beach Florida which is 3 hours away. Anyways I called the 1-800 number and the Tesla rep told me that I might be better if switching to black interior but the order change would take 1 week to go into affect. I think it’s best to hold fast to white at this point.
I think you’re right. CS is all over the place. I had one of them tell me to not change.

I’ve been waiting for an order change I requested over three weeks ago. I would warn against changes at this point even with Elon’s tweet.

Reactions: Boludo and eloder
  • North Carolina
  • Non-res holder
  • MR
  • MSM/Black int
  • Aeros
  • EAP
  • Ordered 10/18
Got the text last night (11/13) around 7:00 PM that I am scheduled for 12/5 delivery. I tried to switch to a LR RWD on 11/10. The advisor I talked to during the call to switch made it sound like the change went through fine. Getting the text last night I was excited that I was getting the long range and everything went through. Well, I got an email this morning (11/14) "we were unable to process your request for the long range rear wheel drive unit." They said I can still request a refund through the website, but I don't know. I think I am going to proceed with the mid range. I wish they would have made it known that there were none available when I called to switch.
Contacted my DA about something today and he gave me my VIN, even though it's still not listed on the account page. 5YJ3E1EA5JF1536xx

I’ve been waiting for an order change I requested over three weeks ago. I would warn against changes at this point even with Elon’s tweet.

I think you’re right. CS is all over the place. I had one of them tell me to not change.

I choose black interior on my Blue M3 and me and my wife where kicking ourself why didn't we choose white interior on the first place.. Given the Elon's tweet today I went ahead and changed my config from black to white.. I'm going to live with this M3 for a very long time and I don't want to feel any regrets each time I drive it..

Given 3rd party white seats are more than $1000 bucks to buy and install I think the tesla price is a steal.. I have not got VIN assigned yet I can wait 1 more additional week if we get what we like..

Reactions: Sean Wagner
Picked up Blue Lemur this morning at Fremont Delivery Center. Black interior, Aero wheels, no EAP. Reserved 3/31/2016; ordered 10/18/2018; order date modified by Tesla to 10/30/2018. Waited about half an hour past appointed time to be greeted by advisor. I was out of there about an hour later. Good thing I took a test drive a few months ago and read the owner's manual ahead of time. Basically, the orientation today consisted of, "here's your key cards; step on the brake to turn on the car; pull down on the shift lever to go into Drive; pull up to go into Reverse; push button on lever to go into Park; push and hold button to engage parking brake". :)

Been really busy today and haven’t see if someone already posted this, but check out the order page!

Like the delivery estimate change. Went through the order page for a car exactly as i ordered and all the way to the end it says "December Delivery" an no longer shows number of weeks.

Now, of course, one can say this is for new car orders since the announcement on twitter and does not apply retroactively :) Everything can be interpreted multiple ways.

Picked up Blue Lemur this morning at Fremont Delivery Center. Black interior, Aero wheels, no EAP. Reserved 3/31/2016; ordered 10/18/2018; order date modified by Tesla to 10/30/2018. Waited about half an hour past appointed time to be greeted by advisor. I was out of there about an hour later. Good thing I took a test drive a few months ago and read the owner's manual ahead of time. Basically, the orientation today consisted of, "here's your key cards; step on the brake to turn on the car; pull down on the shift lever to go into Drive; pull up to go into Reverse; push button on lever to go into Park; push and hold button to engage parking brake". :)
What is your opinion on it so far?

Did they say anything about the email on 10/30? Guess that didn’t make a difference. I am in the same boat.

I called Tesla today to switch from their financing to 3rd party. I have my delivery date, but I don't have a VIN (and can't see it by viewing the page source). The IDA I spoke with (I have yet to speak to my actual one) was kind enough to provide my VIN to me.

I guess my car does exist!

Did they say anything about the email on 10/30? Guess that didn’t make a difference. I am in the same boat.
When I received that email, I called the 800 number and the person I spoke to assured me not to worry and that my priority had not changed and that I would definitely get my car before year-end. He checked my order on his end and it still showed 10/18 as the date I ordered (after all, there's a financial record of my $2500 deposit on that date). Interestingly, my MVPA shows 10/18. My guess is that the bogus date change doesn't really make a difference.

Reactions: Lifted012