Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just confirmed home delivery for Nov 21!

Initial delivery was set for Nov 25 but I was able to get it pushed to Dec 2. Then I got a text last night saying it was coming early and I didn't want to pass it up.

Line waiter, east coast, non Tesla owner
Pearl White
Black interior
Aero
EAP
VIN 153xxx

Ordered Nov 1

How does this work? Just call you local service center with your reservation number to see if they can match or you need VIN to do the exchange? Everytime i call my local sale center i get transferred to HQ Sales.

I had the same exact config and put in the change request for a LR on 11/10 and they said they couldn't process the request (guessing there were none left). How were you able to get it changed???

They've been searching for one, for me, for weeks now. I was working with my OA, then my IDA to secure one (decided to make the jump, after the news kept rolling in re: different motor, lower charge rate, lower warranty, 0-60 speed actually being 5.6, etc.).

It was a freak situation that one freed up and they were able to match me to it...I suspect it's one of the last LR RWD out there...pickings have been pretty slim over the past few weeks... Only way is to chat with your OA and they may be able to search for one / help.

They've been searching for one, for me, for weeks now. I was working with my OA, then my IDA to secure one (decided to make the jump, after the news kept rolling in re: different motor, lower charge rate, lower warranty, 0-60 speed actually being 5.6, etc.).

It was a freak situation that one freed up and they were able to match me to it...I suspect it's one of the last LR RWD out there...pickings have been pretty slim over the past few weeks... Only way is to chat with your OA and they may be able to search for one / help.
Might have been previously rejected by a few people.

Might have been previously rejected by a few people.

Definitely possible, but it's a 123XXX VIN.

According to the VIN tracker, that aligns with the last batch of MSM LR RWDs produced. The other 123XXX VINs are showing delivery dates of Oct 28 (California) to Dec 1 (Louisiana). As I'm east coast, I'm feeling pretty confident my November date indicates a fresh-off-the-boat delivery. Not like its been sitting around for weeks (or even days) with many people rejecting.

Will report back, though!

Definitely possible, but it's a 123XXX VIN.

According to the VIN tracker, that aligns with the last batch of MSM LR RWDs produced. The other 123XXX VINs are showing delivery dates of Oct 28 (California) to Dec 1 (Louisiana). As I'm east coast, I'm feeling pretty confident my November date indicates a fresh-off-the-boat delivery. Not like its been sitting around for weeks (or even days) with many people rejecting.

Will report back, though!
That's good news. I'd be optimistic. Good luck!

My portal changed today with more details. I guess 3rd party financing was set on the back-end, but it says ACH or bring check on delivery day, and lists my financing over 100% with a Estimated Due of -$xxx :)

It then goes on to list my driver license info and insurance on the Lexus the Model ≡ will be replacing. Still no VIN listed or in the page source. I didn’t bother asking if I had one because I honesty don’t care what my VIN until I have to put it on the loan and insurance paperwork.

For those who submitted a trade-in self evaluation, how long did it take for them to turn it around and provide an answer? Also, could you share the next step in how that process goes? I’m wondering if the total due automatically adjusts if you “accept” the offer. Is there even an option to decline the offer?

I submitted my self evaluation on Tuesday evening and the system said within 24-hours I should hear something ... nothing yet though.
Got the text for the self evaluation on Monday. Sent the pictures on Tuesday. Got an email on Thursday asking for some additional info o my trade in (payoff amount, daily interest, and payoff date). Sent everything back the same day along with pics of license plate and registration. Got my final trade in offer Friday. Tried asking them to match an offer I got from VROOM.com.. but they say they can only match Carmax. Planning on going to Carmax tomorrow to see how much they can offer. The nearest Carmax to me is about 60 miles away. My scheduled delivery is 11/20 pickup in Manhasset store.My advisor is confident that the trade in process will be completed before delivery..

• Love
Reactions: wman

Have not read about different motor. Can someone point to article? Lower charge rate and 20k miles less warranty not a concern as i will never get close to needing those with my lifestyle. As I understand 0-60 is slower but 0-30 is about the same...

Have not read about different motor. Can someone point to article? Lower charge rate and 20k miles less warranty not a concern as i will never get close to needing those with my lifestyle. As I understand 0-60 is slower but 0-30 is about the same...

One of the threads I read about it in:
All LR motors are the same- MR one is NOT

I don't think anyone has torn a MR apart yet so we don't know 100%, but apparently the parts catalog listed one rear drive motor for all LR (LR RWD, LR AWD, and LR P all use the same; just binned + software limited) and one for all other models (SR, MR).

I don't have an immediate need for the power (not planning on going 140mph haha), but I feel better about getting the same motor that's in the Performance model. Its software limited, which means I'll only be using, at most, 70% of what it's designed for...hoping that leads to longer life and better performance than using a lower-rated / cheaper motor at 100%!

Either way, they're electric motors (though it seems they may be different varieties)...they should run great!

One of the threads I read about it in:
All LR motors are the same- MR one is NOT

I don't think anyone has torn a MR apart yet so we don't know 100%, but apparently the parts catalog listed one rear drive motor for all LR (LR RWD, LR AWD, and LR P all use the same; just binned + software limited) and one for all other models (SR, MR).

I don't have an immediate need for the power (not planning on going 140mph haha), but I feel better about getting the same motor that's in the Performance model. Its software limited, which means I'll only be using, at most, 70% of what it's designed for...hoping that leads to longer life and better performance than using a lower-rated / cheaper motor at 100%!

Either way, they're electric motors (though it seems they may be different varieties)...they should run great!
That makes me nervous, just for the fact that we are the guinea pigs getting the first batch of the new drive units.