Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if we can agree that some people are okay with not receiving a lot of updates as they wait for their car and others are upset by that. Let’s get this thread back to data and not opinions. Would love to hear any feedback from those who did get their mid range car on range, efficiency, handling, acceleration, especially if have had a chance to drive a long range model 3. thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Reactions: FloridaGary
I wonder if we can agree that some people are okay with not receiving a lot of updates as they wait for their car and others are upset by that. Let’s get this thread back to data and not opinions. Would love to hear any feedback from those who did get their mid range car on range, efficiency, handling, acceleration, especially if have had a chance to drive a long range model 3. thanks and happy thanksgiving!

I picked up my car yesterday so my input is limited but i think the handling and acceleration is really good! I test drove the long range and I think it’s pretty comparable - I barely noticed a difference.

As for range and efficiency, I had the Regen set to low for the most part because I am still getting used to the sudden breaking once I let go off the accelerator so I felt the range and efficiency were kinda of low but I don’t have the whole story. I drove 30 miles with the Regen set to low and the car used up 30 miles from the range. when I drove back I set the Regen back to normal and it used 22ish miles instead. So Regen definitely helps (kinda obvious).

I picked up my car yesterday so my input is limited but i think the handling and acceleration is really good! I test drove the long range and I think it’s pretty comparable - I barely noticed a difference.

As for range and efficiency, I had the Regen set to low for the most part because I am still getting used to the sudden breaking once I let go off the accelerator so I felt the range and efficiency were kinda of low but I don’t have the whole story. I drove 30 miles with the Regen set to low and the car used up 30 miles from the range. when I drove back I set the Regen back to normal and it used 22ish miles instead. So Regen definitely helps (kinda obvious).

Having not drove an electric before, the regen/breaking is what worries me the most for myself and my wife. She will probably only drive the m3 a few times a year when we switch cars. Have to make sure to switch it to low when we trade off

Having not drove an electric before, the regen/breaking is what worries me the most for myself and my wife. She will probably only drive the m3 a few times a year when we switch cars. Have to make sure to switch it to low when we trade off

At low it is definitely not as noticeable but I feel like I got used to the normal setting pretty fast. I do like coasting when I take my leg off the brake so that’s why I kept it at low.

After having taken a test drive a few months ago, the first thing I did before driving off the lot was to set Regen to low and Creep mode on. I've now gotten used to Standard Regen, but I'm still using creep. I have a sloped driveway and tight garage and creep let's me feather the brake pedal to more precisely maneuver into the short and narrow space.

Can Tesla be better than the industry at customer service? Sure. Is it unrealistic to expect that such a young car company is better at customer service than century-old giants? I would say so. Tesla is going to have customer service issues. They're going to have long wait times to get service appointments. They're going to have supercharger waits at times. If you aren't prepared for this current wait and see state of communication, then I'll be honest that this car is probably not for you. They are a brand new company with a completely different set of goals and ideals compared to the rest--there will be some huge negatives that go along with that. That same innovative, rapid chaos at Tesla though is the exact same reason why you have a Tesla and not a Bolt, superchargers instead of nothing, and OTA updates instead of stagnation. Set your expectations appropriately and truly evaluate whether you are prepared for the entire Tesla ownership experience with all of its positives and pitfalls.

I disagree. One of the things that new startups tend to do when they disrupt industries is provide customer service on a better and more personal level than the 'giants' that they are unseating. Most of the companies I can point to that have amazing customer service are young and disrupted old school industries in the same way Tesla did.

It's clear that Tesla just chose to prioritize profit over customer service. They know what the demand is and they didn't scale up like they should have.

No need to worry about regen. Driving with one pedal is one of my favorite things about Tesla. Took about 5 min to get used to it.

I visited our local Tesla showroom yesterday to see if I can convert my order to a LR RWD. I was surprised that they could find several with the exact configuration that I wanted. They said they got a big delivery this week.
This is strange given that this configuration is more off-menu. Just be over-production.

I visited our local Tesla showroom yesterday to see if I can convert my order to a LR RWD. I was surprised that they could find several with the exact configuration that I wanted. They said they got a big delivery this week.
This is strange given that this configuration is more off-menu. Just be over-production.

I did the same earlier this week. They had an LR RWD of the same colour and options I had ordered on MR RWD. They sorted out switching around my original order and I'll be picking up the LR RWD in a couple days.

Hi freyam3, fellow Texan here. Thanks to you posts, I changed my "payment method" to "cash", and now my status shows "We are drafting up your contract". I guess I am not missing anything else, from my side now. How long did it take for you from that point, for the VIN# to show up on you account-page ?

Day 1 reservation; ordered 10/19; Black exterior, White interior; Aero-Wheels; no-EAP; Austin-TX.
I still used 3rd party financing.
Here was my timeline:
- Edit button disappeared on Monday
- Got an email on Tuesday with DA information . Paid the downpayment on the same day.
- Got financing completed on Wednesday. The banker stayed late and made sure the copy of the check was fedex-ed before TG
- Got delivery scheduled on Wednesday for 12/3

Now it is only waiting.

Once your edit button disappears it is a matter of couple of days. Don't wait for text messages, check you emails. Looks like Texas deliveries are different.

Once your edit button disappears it is a matter of couple of days. Don't wait for text messages, check you emails. Looks like Texas deliveries are different.

Yeah about that...

I ordered 10/20
Black interior
Midnight Silver
Aero
PUP

Received an email 10/30 with confirmation for a update I never made. (Document now show my payment was accepted 10/30 )

Edit link is gone since 11/1

Received nothing... No text, email, call...

Check Model 3 inventory with with local SC. I went to San Antonio TX SC and have them checked. They have at least 4 LR RWD from Houston and Dallas..

What was the difference in price in the end?

Not sure if this was directed to me? I think in the end it was about $4,000 Canadian $ to move to Long Range.

I actually probably would have ordered the LR in the first place had it been on the menu when I started to consider a Model 3. I was looking at other vehicles and then the MR announcement brought the Model 3 to my attention.

The Tesla store also had a few demo LR RWD's that I could have got a small discount on.