Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this was directed to me? I think in the end it was about $4,000 Canadian $ to move to Long Range.

I actually probably would have ordered the LR in the first place had it been on the menu when I started to consider a Model 3. I was looking at other vehicles and then the MR announcement brought the Model 3 to my attention.

The Tesla store also had a few demo LR RWD's that I could have got a small discount on.

I tried doing it in Orlando, FL (had to call Tampa Tesla showroom since Orlando guy only tried within FL) and they did find a LR White in DC and they were going to charge me $5200 extra which included $1000 to ship. I had to say no and decided to stick with my MR White. Yes, there are LRs available if your local contact or Customer service is willing to call and check. The $1000 additional shipping is a bummer.

Having not drove an electric before, the regen/breaking is what worries me the most for myself and my wife. She will probably only drive the m3 a few times a year when we switch cars. Have to make sure to switch it to low when we trade off

Not sure how long your commute will be home but don't experiment first drive. If you have never had electric and with the unusual controls on the Model 3 definitely don't leave the lot till you make sure mirrors, seat and wheel are adjusted and setting low regen and creep to on. Once you are around home, maybe on day 2, go to some back streets, well known streets, in less traffic, and I suggest you try asap standard regen. It will fill very natural very quickly. Creep I may always keep on because of my driving style and to always remind me having my foot on the breaks is better if you are in neighborhood with kids that can jump behind or in front of your car even while pulling in driveway or when I park both cars in garage. In tight parking situations is easier not to switch between gas and breaks and only use breaks. My wife likes driving in higher regen as well and her daily car is a regular hybrid. I have let multiple people test drive my Volt and always let them in high regen, only first few times it feels strange but remember it is not like someone slams the breaks when you let go of the gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: vkana
I still used 3rd party financing.
Here was my timeline:
- Edit button disappeared on Monday
- Got an email on Tuesday with DA information . Paid the downpayment on the same day.
- Got financing completed on Wednesday. The banker stayed late and made sure the copy of the check was fedex-ed before TG
- Got delivery scheduled on Wednesday for 12/3

Now it is only waiting.

Once your edit button disappears it is a matter of couple of days. Don't wait for text messages, check you emails. Looks like Texas deliveries are different.

Changed my payment type to cash and the edit button disappeared immediately. So maybe things will move a bit from here. Did edit my color just last week so not holding out for Monday contact or anything...but hoping.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyone know first hand how long it took to get the Tesla in home charger shipped to your house? I am planning to order it online from Tesla once I get a delivery date and I know this is real. I'm just wondering how quickly they ship it. I'm in Ohio, so I can add a couple of days if someone has a west coast point of reference. Thanks!

black/black/aero/no EAP/ordered 10/22 with 2017 reservation / no contact so far

Anyone know first hand how long it took to get the Tesla in home charger shipped to your house? I am planning to order it online from Tesla once I get a delivery date and I know this is real. I'm just wondering how quickly they ship it. I'm in Ohio, so I can add a couple of days if someone has a west coast point of reference. Thanks!

black/black/aero/no EAP/ordered 10/22 with 2017 reservation / no contact so far
Mine shipped the day after I ordered it and took 1 day to ship. I live in San Jose about 20 miles from the Fremont factory. It shipped from Newark, CA which is next city over from the Fremont factory.

Getting the electrician scheduled has taken 3 weeks because I need a 40A DPDT switch for my installation and he had to special order it.

Received nothing... No text, email, call...
Also be sure to check your Tesla account daily. That's how I found out a VIN had been assigned to me and a delivery appointment scheduled. I had specified in my profile that my preferred forms of communication are telephone and e-mail. SMS was not selected. Yet, I was apparently sent a text message as notification. The phone number in my profile is for a land line, so I never got the text. Good thing I obsessively checked my account multiple times a day. :)

• Informative
Reactions: V__2
Took delivery Tues. Love the car. I can't unsee the white paint variation tho. It's not horrible and only visible on driver's side if you look carefully at certain angle (seems like possibly not bumper so much as panel issue)?

Emailed pix to Tesla within 72 hour window. I fear if any fix is offered could make things worse.

Thoughts?, pix in my tweet thread Tesla Model 3 Fan on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
Also be sure to check your Tesla account daily. That's how I found out a VIN had been assigned to me and a delivery appointment scheduled. I had specified in my profile that my preferred forms of communication are telephone and e-mail. SMS was not selected. Yet, I was apparently sent a text message as notification. The phone number in my profile is for a land line, so I never got the text. Good thing I obsessively checked my account multiple times a day. :)

Where on/in the account does the VIN show up? Will the RN change to VIN?

Last edited:
Took delivery Tues. Love the car. I can't unsee the white paint variation tho. It's not horrible and only visible on driver's side if you look carefully at certain angle (seems like possibly not bumper so much as panel issue)?

Emailed pix to Tesla within 72 hour window. I fear if any fix is offered could make things worse.

Maybe I have just missed it elsewhere but how is the charging speed for Model 3 MR on supercharger?

Congrats on getting the car.

My first Volt was pearl white and had this mismatch between metal and plastic on back. Eventually got used to it. Second one did not have the issue. Not sure if you want your car in the shop now, they will be busy for a while with deliveries. Did you document the concern the day you got the car?