Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just spoke on the phone with Tesla and the team member told me that the information she has is that my specific vehicle has been built completely. It's just a matter of VIN assignment that she indicated normally takes about a couple days and that the DS would be in contact with me around that time. So I'm estimating that my delivery window will be between 12/15-12/31. Hopeful that it's sooner for me and every one else that's waiting, especially us that ordered the Mid-range with black / white interior.

I'm starting to question if Tesla can actually deliver what they are promising. They're still taking orders through 11/30 (even for white interior MidRange Model 3) and promising Dec delivery. I am a 3/31/2016 (day 0) reservation holder and orderd on 10/20 but I haven't heard anything. If Tesla isn't communicating to me by this point, can they really pull through building and delivery of all orders placed over the past month or two within the next 4 weeks?

Am I not understanding how this works? Are the VIN and delivery date assigned after the car has already left the factory and are en route? Perhaps they're amassing a large supply of cars that will leave the factory over the next few weeks and we will receive notifications when they are already on the way.
sound like you should call Tesla to find out what's going on.

Took delivery yesterday in Paramus, very nice experience (ty Alex!), no major issues. Only thing I found was gap on left side taillight is different than right. All other model 3's on lot had same issue...scheduled an alignment.
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Balck Ext
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • EAP

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
Are you a white interior?
Yes. The problem with Tesla is that I'm not sure if I should change to black if necessary. They haven't demonstrated enough competency for me to believe they would notify us if white interiors are being delayed into the new year. Should I give them the credit to do this even though they are still taking orders for white interior and promising delivery in Dec? Am I being too hard on them?

So I just spoke on the phone with Tesla and the team member told me that the information she has is that my specific vehicle has been built completely. It's just a matter of VIN assignment that she indicated normally takes about a couple days and that the DS would be in contact with me around that time. So I'm estimating that my delivery window will be between 12/15-12/31. Hopeful that it's sooner for me and every one else that's waiting, especially us that ordered the Mid-range with black / white interior.

Yes. Should I be changing to black interior now? How the hell can I take Tesla seriously when they promise delivery for an order place in 2 days from now when an order from 10/20 (with a day 0 reservation) doesn't even have an estimated delivery date. Even if I had 12/31 I wouldn't feel good about it.

Reactions: jsrawa
quick q. I'm a day one reservation holder, ordered the MR the day after they announced it. I got a text a few weeks ago for a pick up on Dec 4th, east coast. I just got off the phone with the local dealership I'm getting it from and they said that the car is on a train in chicago and may be a day or two late. Hopefully not as I took off!!

Question, I'm going through my credit union for the remaining balance of the car after our downpayment. The person I spoke to said all I need to bring is proof of the loan, that i was approved, as well as a personal check for the downpayment made out to tesla inc. Is that really it?

Yes. Should I be changing to black interior now? How the hell can I take Tesla seriously when they promise delivery for an order place in 2 days from now when an order from 10/20 (with a day 0 reservation) doesn't even have an estimated delivery date. Even if I had 12/31 I wouldn't feel good about it.

At this point, I'm going to trust them on it. If they do not deliver, I will either demand a 3750 discount or return the car. The CEO said that they would deliver them all if you ordered by Nov 30th. The website says the same thing. I'm five weeks before that, so they have no excuse.

I was going to wait till the Nov 30th date and then see if I can get any information out of them.

From what the rep told me is that the white interior, especially on the Mid-range, has been a huge order combo. You could change your order, as some members here have posted receiving a delivery date when getting the black interior. But will you be as happy in the long run? And with the deliveries, Tesla not only made huge trucking haul contracts, but they also purchased some trucking companies in order to expedite the delivery process. My guess is that was the plan all along in order to assist the process once international deliveries begin. So they work out the logistics and delivery hell problems so that international orders get fulfilled quicker than prior deliveries.

I just spoke to my local sales rep. She reiterated that they are guaranteeing delivery before year-end for all model 3's ordered before 11/30. My mid-range w/ white interior was ordered 11/4 and she said I should be hearing something in the next 2 weeks regarding a delivery date.

I hate to perpetuate the anxiety around here but I really doubt Tesla is capable of the logistics this next month will demand. The most recent VINs found also appeared to be mostly AWD if I remember correctly. We shall see...

I hate to perpetuate the anxiety around here but I really doubt Tesla is capable of the logistics this next month will demand. The most recent VINs found also appeared to be mostly AWD if I remember correctly. We shall see...

Maybe the plan is to just pump out cars through the first week of December and then start batching them at locations to coordinate delivery. So 12/1, they pull white and black interior orders for a specific state and get them on trucks and then assign VINS and schedule delivery dates when they are already en route. I agree though. Not sure I have confidence. We shall see.

BTW - with last years prediction of 10K cars per week, you would think they would have thought about logistics a little bit.

I talked to my sales rep in Brea and he said that all orders before Nov 30 are guaranteed for delivery in Dec. Of course, there was no mention of how they plan on backing that guarantee up - as in, deliver before Dec 31 or discount the car by 3750. That said, no VIN match yet for me so the wait continues...
11/4 order, line waiter, black/black, EAP, 18" Aero

I talked to my sales rep in Brea and he said that all orders before Nov 30 are guaranteed for delivery in Dec. Of course, there was no mention of how they plan on backing that guarantee up - as in, deliver before Dec 31 or discount the car by 3750. That said, no VIN match yet for me so the wait continues...

Looks like Southern California is lagging behind.

Yeah, this “guarantee” is going to really upset some customers if they can’t deliver them all.

I'm going by what Sales Advisor said to me. We should see our accounts update in next two weeks. If we don't hear anything by say Dec 10, that's when I'll push the Panic button :)
I agree, I just stopped in to check with my OA and he said he doesn't have any news but he's fairly certain I should be getting contacted next week about delivery of my white interior order. Keeping my fingers crossed.