Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, I’m a little frustrated hearing all these stories of people switching to the LR RWD, I recently moved to Cincinnati but have only had contact with an OA in Atlanta...I keep asking if he has any LR RWD and he gives me the same workaround that they aren’t available anymore. Does anyone have a contact for an OA in Cincinnati? No one has reached out to me yet, ordered 10/29.
y

I'd recommend stopping by the Blue Ash store and have them check, they should be able to assign you an OA here. They've all been awesome any time I've had contact with them.

Changed from MR to LR RWD on 11/21. Was scheduled for delivery for tomorrow, Friday 11/30. Just got a mail that car is still on the way to Fremont service center and got rescheduled to 12/6. Such a bummer! Cleared all my work for delivery and now this. Lost all the excitement and zeal. :(

Decided to jump to an LR RWD like so many others. Called and was told yep, there is one that matches my config exactly. Within minutes my Tesla page updated and I now have a delivery date of 12/5 along with a VIN. It ended up only being 3k more, I assume because I ordered in November after the MR price increase. To me, 3k is totally worth the range+speed upgrade

Decided to jump to an LR RWD like so many others. Called and was told yep, there is one that matches my config exactly. Within minutes my Tesla page updated and I now have a delivery date of 12/5 along with a VIN. It ended up only being 3k more, I assume because I ordered in November after the MR price increase. To me, 3k is totally worth the range+speed upgrade

Pretty much exactly my experience

@mytesla, I would call Tesla sales. I ordered mine on 10/26 and my order was not moving other than the initial deposit and uploading all my requested documents but once I called the sales order number a associate said he needed to fix something on their end that was holding my order , i think it was something with my name or address. Once he did this I got my financing back immediately and the texts started with delivery dates. I picked up my model 3 this past Monday in New York. What a awesome car.

So I would start calling them.

Good luck. Doug
Thanks for the response @Doug_D !!!

I called Tesla sales today and she said everything is fine and will need to wait for VIN assignment. But I have a question though, I ordered mine but haven't updated the Payment Info as I don't see an option to select 3rd party financing. Can this cause any delays?

I am just curious if I haven't done something that is required because I see ppl getting delivery schedules who ordered around the same time as mine but not me.

I did the same as you and got a delivery date within 30 minutes of changing from MR to LR, but I don’t have a VIN on my Tesla page... which is kind of strange because I saw the VIN on my OA’s screen while he was making the change (I made the change in person with my OA)

I did the same as you and got a delivery date within 30 minutes of changing from MR to LR, but I don’t have a VIN on my Tesla page... which is kind of strange because I saw the VIN on my OA’s screen while he was making the change (I made the change in person with my OA)

I think they match the next available one if the one your OA showed you slipped away. This happened to me too when I made the switch. They raise a case with their Operations Center to change it to LR from MR since it's off the menu. My OA told me the vehicle I am matched to has a VIN of 98xxx and sitting in Fremont delivery center but when I got my VIN it was 1235xx.

Intriguing ! So who did you call to locate it? The general customer service number or your local Tesla sales?

Thanks for the response @Doug_D !!!

I called Tesla sales today and she said everything is fine and will need to wait for VIN assignment. But I have a question though, I ordered mine but haven't updated the Payment Info as I don't see an option to select 3rd party financing. Can this cause any delays?

I am just curious if I haven't done something that is required because I see ppl getting delivery schedules who ordered around the same time as mine but not me.

@mytesla Hi , I don't think it would cause a delay for you and I would start the third party financing on your side since these cars are promised to be delivered before year end and most financing offers usually have a 30 day expiration on this I believe so you are in the window. To be honest I had Tesla arrange financing for me and I just had to be sure my credit was unfrozen for a few days so If you froze yours I would thaw it out now :>

Also and i highly recommend you call Tesla sales then Tesla delivery as many times as you need and ask all the questions you have for them. I was never really contacted by any of them for my car other than a few texts, I made about 3-4 calls to them in the entire process of my sale and everything worked out. Hold times to speak to them varied but it was never hours on hold.

Good luck. The car is so awesome and totally worth our time to get it.

Ugh, I’m a little frustrated hearing all these stories of people switching to the LR RWD, I recently moved to Cincinnati but have only had contact with an OA in Atlanta...I keep asking if he has any LR RWD and he gives me the same workaround that they aren’t available anymore. Does anyone have a contact for an OA in Cincinnati? No one has reached out to me yet, ordered 10/29.

Try to find other SCs around your area and call them. I called Orlando, FL SC first and they said they couldn't find any White LR RWD (I believe they only looked in FL). I called Tampa, FL SC, and they found exact matches but unfortunately they were in DC area, I had to pay shipping $1000 to bring it to Orlando, FL so I turned it down and stayed with White MR.

Btw, my White MR was scheduled for Dec 5 delivery but arrived at the SC on Nov 27. I am planning to pick up today or tomorrow once BofA paid the loan amount to Tesla.

So far have waited 6 weeks and 1 day since ordering model 3 mr.
Mid Range
Balck on black
EOP
19” Sport Tires

Still no update from anyone. I live in LA. Hoping to receive text from someone within next few days. Anyone else on same boat?

Also, the other day I received a “1800” call and honestly thought it was Tesla saying my car was ready. Friend took her phone out to record special moment and it turned out to be some machine talking lol.

Happy Friday!

• Funny
Reactions: achinta
I think they match the next available one if the one your OA showed you slipped away. This happened to me too when I made the switch. They raise a case with their Operations Center to change it to LR from MR since it's off the menu. My OA told me the vehicle I am matched to has a VIN of 98xxx and sitting in Fremont delivery center but when I got my VIN it was 1235xx.
Really? If there are no more LR RWD that match my configuration, does that mean I’m screwed? Is it for sure the case my car was given to someone else?

Last edited: