Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery date for 12/4 and VIN showed up in my account on Friday, no text. Scrambled to get insurance and loan figured out (turns out taxes/fees can't be financed), got a train ticket, and then got a text/email this afternoon that my delivery was rescheduled for 12/15. My "DA" from Nevada (I think they're really the sales line in disguise) didn't return texts or calls. Called up my local dealer and they found out my car is in SoCal (maybe a cancellation?). Going to pick up there this Saturday, and hoping I don't get rescheduled again!

Ordered 10/20
Central coast CA
Blue/Black/Aero/EAP
Nonres

FYI, I had a scheduled delivery for 12/10. I called my local SC to see if my car was ready and I could get it sooner and they're like oh yeah it's ready, you can come get it whenever... So I'm scheduled for 12/5 now. I wish they would have called me as soon as they got it lol. It might be worth checking in to your delivery as well, if you are as impatient as I am about getting this car!

Ordered MR, Blue, White Interior, 19" Wheels, No AP - on Black Friday (11/23) at the Tesla Store in San Jose.
Not Previous Res Holder or owner. They let me test drive a LR RWD same day - very impressed. Got traction control kicking in , in the wet on the 280 on-ramp, hopefully the 19" conti's are a little better than the Michelins in that regard !

I was a little concerned about getting delivery before end of the year, even though I'm close to the factory, but the tax credit issue pushed me to order sooner versus later. The system in the store would not accept my order the first two times they tried , third time lucky - but now I have 3 orders in the system with no way to cancel, and three credit card deposits ! So I called the sales associate and he was trying to get the other 2 cancelled ! Still show up in my account however.

Got a text from Tesla today (12/3), followed by phone call from Las Vegas call center - to arrange home delivery 12/8. (so ~ 2weeks from order). What happened to the order backlog / reservations ? Did that many people cancel or are still waiting for base model ? (I wanted to pick up at Factory - but apparently that is not possible - I cannot believe that home delivery is more efficient ! Anyway, will schedule factory tour later this month if I can).

No VIN assigned yet - they told me 12-24 hrs before delivery (maybe) !

So far impressed with the sales associates, test drive, speed of delivery, call center person. (not so impressed with the web interface and inability of me (or Tesla) so far to cancel the error orders), looking forward to the delivery process. Looking forward to driving my first American Made car in a long time.

Those who didn’t get the text, check your phone number on your account.

Earlier today, I discovered that mine had an extra “1” (country code?) in front of my area code, and fixed it. Not sure if that did anything, but I got the text as well!

Wow thank you so much for the suggestion. I was really disappointed that I didn’t get any text. As per your suggestion I just checked my account and they had a extra digit in my phone number. No wonder I didn’t get any text! Well
At least it’s corrected now.

As a distraction for those who didn’t get the text...

In going over the MVPA, I had to make a change (not Tesla’s fault). I reached out at 5 pm via text to Tesla about the change and 5 hours later my car has switched back to showing the Order Agreement instead of the MVPA, with the check marks backing up to “preparing for delivery”.

So once things get going for you, Tesla is quick to work with you as you need it. I hope everyone’s deliveries (even those unscheduled thus far) go effortlessly!

You check your communications settings? Phone number correct?
Even though I had specified in my profile that I prefer communications via phone and e-mail (and both pieces of information were correct), they texted me instead. Unfortunately, the number in my profile is my landline, so I never received the text. I only found out about my car by checking my Tesla account.

So, in addition to verifying your communications settings and information in your profile, it may be wise to also check your account regularly for any updates.