Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I previously posted, I received confirmation of my delivery date 2 days ago. It has been reported by others in this forum that the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement is not received until 24-48 hrs before delivery. I received my MVPA today, 2 weeks in advance. Has anyone else received it this far in advance?

LOL...I actually got conflicting texts

First one that said, “While we prepare your Tesla, please complete all Checkout items at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to be prepared to take delivery when your Tesla is ready.”

Followed almost immediately by, “Hi CUST. This is Raymond at Tesla letting you know your Tesla Model 3 RNXXX is now scheduled for delivery on 12/12 12:00 pm at our LOCATION delivery location. To prepare for your delivery, please complete your account profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount. Please reply YES to confirm or reply with any scheduling concerns. Thank you!”

And then the disappointing, “Automated message - This message was sent by error. Please disregard. We will be in contact with you once your Tesla Vehicle is ready for delivery!”
And be prepared for more potential disorganized crap after receiving your delivery text. Long story short, the only useful thing my DA did was finally get me my MVPA 3 days before my delivery date. He didn't even notify me that he completed it, I had to check my account myself to find it. Also, even though I'm getting my car delivered this Friday, my account page still says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date......", but right above that blurb of text is my delivery date. And finally, I found out today that my credit union will only issue me a check, they won't do a wire transfer, which is fine, but when I called my DA to ask if it's ok to give the check to the delivery person, I got a full voicemail box. Tesla really has to fix their workflow... or maybe I just got a chump for a DA. One last thing, I got a final delivery confirmation text yesterday to make sure I'm still on for delivery this Friday, I replied YES! Today, I got the same text asking me again if I'm still on for delivery this Friday... which made me think that their maybe backend system didn't confirm my delivery date at all. (ok, I guess that wasn't really a short story)

I thought all would be smooth after receiving my VIN and scheduling delivery... but nope. I'm just glad I'll finally get to put this all behind me any enjoy the car this Friday...hopefully.

Reactions: Cleveland M3
Thank you, that worked for me. I wish I had this link before and didn't have to wait for my dealer to update my configs after the order, which made me lose one week.

Will I see any updates / VIN number etc on this page if there is any progress to my order?

Currently it says estimated delivery Late Dec or Jan. Is it normal or I should be worried?

For those asking about the backdoor edit link, you post this into your browser and replace the RN number at the end with your own RN number. Make sure you log into your account before doing it.

Tesla SSO – Login

The theory goes that this link will stop working a day or so before you get your delivery notification. I didn't happen to catch it, so I don't know if it's true but others say it has been. If you visit the page, you can edit your order. Editing it may cause you to lose your spot in line. This also means you don't need to worry about the delivery date info shown there. That is the latest delivery date info if you place a new order (by changing your order). Your delivery date promise is whatever you got when you ordered (to the extent that anything can be guaranteed).

Good luck everyone. Glad to see more delivery texts going out. 10/21 order here with a 12/5 delivery text for 12/11 pick up. I received a VIN Tuesday 12/4 exactly 1 week from my delivery date as everyone claims is customary. I pick it up this comingTuesday. I'm hoping to drive up this weekend and see if I can find it on the lot and do a pre-inspection of the exterior to save time.

Will I see any updates / VIN number etc through this page if there is any progress to my order?

No, it only allows you to make changes. Making changes will resubmit your order, so you don't want to do that. The only value is to monitor when it stops working under the theory that it's a sign that a delivery is imminent.

You'll see delivery info in your Tesla account when you manage your reservation (normal navigation - no special link needed). On the right margin you'll see text that says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date...." That text won't go away, but you'll see a delivery time/date appear above it ("Delivery Appointment at..."). You should also get a text, but some people spotted it in their accounts before the text came through. This is the same spot the VIN shows up. In my account I see the VIN, the Delivery Appointment, and then the "we will reach out to you" message that's always been there. I have a 12/11 delivery. I hope this helps.

No, it only allows you to make changes. Making changes will resubmit your order, so you don't want to do that. The only value is to monitor when it stops working under the theory that it's a sign that a delivery is imminent.

You'll see delivery info in your Tesla account when you manage your reservation (normal navigation - no special link needed). On the right margin you'll see text that says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date...." That text won't go away, but you'll see a delivery time/date appear above it ("Delivery Appointment at..."). You should also get a text, but some people spotted it in their accounts before the text came through. This is the same spot the VIN shows up. In my account I see the VIN, the Delivery Appointment, and then the "we will reach out to you" message that's always been there. I have a 12/11 delivery. I hope this helps.

Yes, it helps. Thank you.

And be prepared for more potential disorganized crap after receiving your delivery text. Long story short, the only useful thing my DA did was finally get me my MVPA 3 days before my delivery date. He didn't even notify me that he completed it, I had to check my account myself to find it. Also, even though I'm getting my car delivered this Friday, my account page still says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date......", but right above that blurb of text is my delivery date. And finally, I found out today that my credit union will only issue me a check, they won't do a wire transfer, which is fine, but when I called my DA to ask if it's ok to give the check to the delivery person, I got a full voicemail box. Tesla really has to fix their workflow... or maybe I just got a chump for a DA. One last thing, I got a final delivery confirmation text yesterday to make sure I'm still on for delivery this Friday, I replied YES! Today, I got the same text asking me again if I'm still on for delivery this Friday... which made me think that their maybe backend system didn't confirm my delivery date at all. (ok, I guess that wasn't really a short story)

I thought all would be smooth after receiving my VIN and scheduling delivery... but nope. I'm just glad I'll finally get to put this all behind me any enjoy the car this Friday...hopefully.

Pretty similar to my experience this week. I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow and had to call (with a 40 minute hold) to get my MVPA to secure financing. I received a text, two emails, and a call confirming my delivery date..none from my actual delivery advisor. Haven't heard anything from that person.

Bank check to the delivery person should be fine, at least based on what I've read.

Reactions: pdp1
Anyone else seeing tesla.com down?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.52.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.52.56 PM.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 52
Pretty similar to my experience this week. I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow and had to call (with a 40 minute hold) to get my MVPA to secure financing. I received a text, two emails, and a call confirming my delivery date..none from my actual delivery advisor. Haven't heard anything from that person.

Bank check to the delivery person should be fine, at least based on what I've read.

My MVPA shows directions to wire the payment to Wells Fargo in California as one of the options for final payment.