Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered before 11/30 cutoff and I am patiently waiting for my assigned VIN and delivery date. I am not getting nervous yet but am hopefully I will get this info in the next few days. I live in south Florida so will get alittle worried in probably a week if I don’t hear anything. I am giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt that they will deliver on the promise with end of year deliveries if you order by 11/30 regardless of location (east coast/west coast).

Anyone in same boat as me, still no VIN assigned or delivery date?

There are people that ordered in October that also not received info yet.

The speed of communication from Tesla seems to be increasing. Hopefully everyone hears something in the next 5-10 days

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Delivery Message.jpg

Ordered 10/18
7/2017 Reservation
White/White
Sandy, Utah
yay

Called today and get a delivery date of 12/15. Once I indicated that I no longer needed to trade in my car then things started to move faster. I ordered a mid range RWD black with white interior on 10/30 and almost gave in and changed to black interior but now glad I didn’t.

Well, despite canceling last Saturday I now have a delivery date for next Wednesday. Lol. Columbus Ohio area, white/white MR aero EAP line waiter non-owner. Looks to be an at-home delivery.

Called customer service, didn't have a wait time (?!), and the person said they didn't have a cancellation case created but said the car is still mine if I want it, but i can cancel by Monday without penalty due to the situation. So I may still get it anyways since i don't have to worry about an end of year rush, I'll have to think about it.

What a roller coaster of emotions.

Took delivery this afternoon! The car had 30 miles on it. Build date on the car says 11/2018. No visible defects. Delivery was delayed a little over an hour because they were running behind. Other than that everything went well. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The car is a blast to drive. Handles corners extremely well and more than ample acceleration! It was well worth the wait!

MR
Red
Black interior
19" sport wheels
Ordered 10/20 (exactly 7 weeks ago)

5:13pm:
Update on your delivery timing: we expect your Model 3 to be ready between 12/25 - 12/31. A Tesla rep will reach out when it is time to schedule your appointment.
Logged into tesla account just now, and it's asking for trade in and payment information..
- No VIN / delivery date yet
- Able to login to Tesla mobile app now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy86700
Went to a local sales center and spoke with an OA and he said my MR will be delivered sometime around 12/20, although I didn’t receive the second text. He offered a RWD LR with delivery in a few days. He seemed confident that any MR order placed before 11/30 will get it by year end. He said Tesla is producing about 7k MRs per week. Plenty of RWD LRs still available according to OA. I decided to hold off on the LR swap for now.