Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you local delivery center tell you about the lead time to get the manufactured car delivered to their center for pickup?
Originally, 5 days max, most likely 3...

Its been a bit of a cluster, originally got a delivery date at home for Dec 27th...Called and told the Las Vegas folks we were leaving town on 22nd..They said a technical glitch kept our configuration from being pushed through until last week:( She said since No VIN was assigned we can switch delivery location without causing delay..which we are now the 21st at 11am...They said at 48 hrs out from delivery they should let us know if things will need to be moved but that could also only be less than a days notice.

Ive heard different things about how this is being managed...Some have told me they are shipping direct from Factory to location, others they are building batches of configurations and shipping them to different areas where local delivery can assign VIN's to customers as they become available.

Total Cluster IMO, but I know they are doing something different than everyone else so its not goign to be perfect or what you would expect from a normal dealer. Ive also heard that they are constantly iterating there processes, so what they were doing last week could be totally different than this week if they feel it offers some process or customer improvement.

Reactions: Aparker42
Originally, 5 days max, most likely 3...

Its been a bit of a cluster, originally got a delivery date at home for Dec 27th...Called and told the Las Vegas folks we were leaving town on 22nd..They said a technical glitch kept our configuration from being pushed through until last week:( She said since No VIN was assigned we can switch delivery location without causing delay..which we are now the 21st at 11am...They said at 48 hrs out from delivery they should let us know if things will need to be moved but that could also only be less than a days notice.

Ive heard different things about how this is being managed...Some have told me they are shipping direct from Factory to location, others they are building batches of configurations and shipping them to different areas where local delivery can assign VIN's to customers as they become available.

Total Cluster IMO, but I know they are doing something different than everyone else so its not goign to be perfect or what you would expect from a normal dealer. Ive also heard that they are constantly iterating there processes, so what they were doing last week could be totally different than this week if they feel it offers some process or customer improvement.
Thank you! I think at this point fingers crossed!!

I have a Friday delivery but still no VIN. my account t changed to the “completed tasks” look this morning but again still no VIN. Also haven’t been contacted by my DA since multiple efforts on my end. Finally a guy I just got off the phone with said he is gonna take over and try and see what’s going on but told me it might be a slight delay. 3 other Tesla employees have been continuously telling me the 21st is good to go. I ordered 11/12, some people who ordered last week have already gotten cars...

Had to move my delivery to Saturday because of work. I noticed this morning there is now a completed task tab and an option in my Tesla account for EAP and I can click on it to add or remove it as an option. It also lists the price to add it after delivery, just an interesting change.

• Disagree
Reactions: Chuchington
I have a Friday delivery but still no VIN. my account t changed to the “completed tasks” look this morning but again still no VIN. Also haven’t been contacted by my DA since multiple efforts on my end. Finally a guy I just got off the phone with said he is gonna take over and try and see what’s going on but told me it might be a slight delay. 3 other Tesla employees have been continuously telling me the 21st is good to go. I ordered 11/12, some people who ordered last week have already gotten cars...

I am from Vegas too .My delivery moved from 12/22 pick up at Las Vegas service center to Home Delivery 12/20. I got my VIN & MVPA on 12/14. DA never contacted me directly until today. But my lender was in contact with multiple tesla people in group emails ( later realised they were preDA and DA @ tesla) U can try contacting <redacted> . He is the one who contacted me today about my delivery. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator: