Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about that...I just picked mine up on Monday in GR, and they said they had a very busy weekend with pick ups...so cars are coming into the state this month.
Good to know! Actually, I also saw a trailer with new model 3s arriving at the Tesla showroom in GR on Monday. Hopefully, mire deliveries coming in.

Reactions: dogma
I don't know about that...I just picked mine up on Monday in GR, and they said they had a very busy weekend with pick ups...so cars are coming into the state this month.
Agree, It depends on multiple different factors. Dogma picked up in GR I'm picking up Clarkston but my car is in Cleveland at the holding lot waiting for a transport so the cars come into state when they can get carriers and enough cars.

Reactions: dogma
Yesterday morning I saw a load of 8 MY or M3 coming south on I75 going in the direction of the Clarkston gallery but I can't figure out why they would have been coming from the north? I also thought they might have all been getting repaired but no visible damage or license plates, the trim looks like the 2020 chrome in the photo but I think that is just a reflection I believe they are all 2021s
Tesla Trailer.jpg

Reactions: Jermayan
Hey everyone! I've been around the mega delivery thread since my order a few weeks ago. Somehow, that is still sometimes too slow and doesn't give me enough anxiety, so I figured I'd join another waiting room. Details in signature.

Yesterday morning I saw a load of 8 MY or M3 coming south on I75 going in the direction of the Clarkston gallery but I can't figure out why they would have been coming from the north? I also thought they might have all been getting repaired but no visible damage or license plates, the trim looks like the 2020 chrome in the photo but I think that is just a reflection I believe they are all 2021sView attachment 701171
So I would bet that they went north out of Chicago to Grand Rapids and then East over I-96 and are using I-75s to get down to Clarkston.

I might as well join another waiting room. Live in a Minneapolis suburb (close to the EP service center). Ordered a MY Performance on 8/14 (profile complete 8/14): MSM, white interior, no hitch, no AP.

EDD history:
8/14: 5-7 weeks
8/15: 8/29 - 9/28
8/16: 9/3-9/23

no EDD changes / no VIN since 8/16

Feeling discouraged, EDD moved back another month to 11/11-12/1, which for my 5/22 order would be 6 months! Soft match date still hasn't changed according to the service rep, which is the only hope I'm still holding on to for a Q3 delivery. Its frustrating as my current car's value is continuing to decline which was the original motivation for me even ordering the Y to begin with.

Feeling discouraged, EDD moved back another month to 11/11-12/1, which for my 5/22 order would be 6 months! Soft match date still hasn't changed according to the service rep, which is the only hope I'm still holding on to for a Q3 delivery. Its frustrating as my current car's value is continuing to decline which was the original motivation for me even ordering the Y to begin with.
Hang in there. not trying to get your hopes up but I suspect these dates aren't close to accurate because we're backlogged, but that also means/seems that they're trying to get through the backlog of April/May. Hopefully in the next few days it comes. In the meantime I suggest distracting yourself from it so you don't get super depressed about it.

Reactions: thedrewsk_Y
Ordered 07/22 EDD 10/23-11/14 for couple weeks refresh today moved to 12/05-25.
When I ordered in May I was told end of July at the latest from my SA, that seemed reasonable and my birthday was last week so I'm thinking by my birthday and I'm happy no big deal no need to renew the plate on the car I'm going to sell and it fell within the 8-11 week widow I had when I ordered. Now I'm at 12 weeks which ok whatever a week or two late I can live with that, and I'm trying to look on the bright side maybe I'll get a Texas version if I'm waiting until Jan but damn I didn't know day one I needed to put snow tires on, don't really want to break in (I know the engine isn't the same but that new car shine is going to be gone before I get home with a winter delivery) a car in the middle of winter and I'm honestly getting frustrated with my SA and his attitude about don't believe what you read online, don't believe your Tesla account just believe me when literally everything he's told me thus far has not been true. I'm not going to throw a fit but I would just like honest communication and maybe an update without me hounding him for information it's not like we're waiting on a new iPhone here, little bit more of a serious purchase. I'm always optimistic and I know I'll get the car eventually but come on man!

When I ordered in May I was told end of July at the latest from my SA, that seemed reasonable and my birthday was last week so I'm thinking by my birthday and I'm happy no big deal no need to renew the plate on the car I'm going to sell and it fell within the 8-11 week widow I had when I ordered. Now I'm at 12 weeks which ok whatever a week or two late I can live with that, and I'm trying to look on the bright side maybe I'll get a Texas version if I'm waiting until Jan but damn I didn't know day one I needed to put snow tires on, don't really want to break in (I know the engine isn't the same but that new car shine is going to be gone before I get home with a winter delivery) a car in the middle of winter and I'm honestly getting frustrated with my SA and his attitude about don't believe what you read online, don't believe your Tesla account just believe me when literally everything he's told me thus far has not been true. I'm not going to throw a fit but I would just like honest communication and maybe an update without me hounding him for information it's not like we're waiting on a new iPhone here, little bit more of a serious purchase. I'm always optimistic and I know I'll get the car eventually but come on man!
I agreed with you I don’t want it to delivery in the winter, I might try to delay until April by then it will be 2022, come from Gigatexas and may be 4680 battery.

I know it is frustrating to wait this long for a car. Here are some of the upsides I got to know from an inside source.
1. The backlog is because of the high demand and not because of the chip shortage which tells me that there are fewer variables.
2. Giga Texas is just about 40% ready it will take another year for it to be up and running.
3. One is better off getting the car from Fremont as they have resolved all the launch quality issues. It took them about 18 months to resolve it.
4. 4680 battery is very low volume and the plans of using it in MY/3 are still up in the air.
5. Tesla is producing Y/3 every day in all the shifts.

In conclusion, the wait is painful but it should be worth it. If someone is planning to delay the delivery even further to get it from Giga TX, I would recommend not doing it and hoping to get it from Fremont. Fremont has all the experts and they fly out SMEs from Fremont to TX to resolve issues/train the engineers there.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: csan0729
I know it is frustrating to wait this long for a car. Here are some of the upsides I got to know from an inside source.
1. The backlog is because of the high demand and not because of the chip shortage which tells me that there are fewer variables.
2. Giga Texas is just about 40% ready it will take another year for it to be up and running.
3. One is better off getting the car from Fremont as they have resolved all the launch quality issues. It took them about 18 months to resolve it.
4. 4680 battery is very low volume and the plans of using it in MY/3 are still up in the air.
5. Tesla is producing Y/3 every day in all the shifts.

In conclusion, the wait is painful but it should be worth it. If someone is planning to delay the delivery even further to get it from Giga TX, I would recommend not doing it and hoping to get it from Fremont. Fremont has all the experts and they fly out SMEs from Fremont to TX to resolve issues/train the engineers there.
Re: Fremont vs TX

These points were exactly why I went ahead with the order now. Full scale, quality production at TX is probably not until mid 2022 and 4680 not until the second half of 2022. There will be some overlap between Fremont and TX where the new batteries won't necessarily be the long range upgrade some have projected. New range projections, if any, are probably at least a year out.

I want the latest and greatest but also want one now. We can always upgrade our second car to enjoy the latest battery tech in a few years while still enjoying today's tech.

Reactions: anix7776
Yeah - missing out on the latest tech might feel bad, but I also am feeling like I don't want to be an early adopter of whatever issues the Texas factory and new chassis might hold.

And, also bummed that I was part of the massive push back this week. I'd been bumped to a general "October" before, but this is the first time I had such a significant push back with actual dates. Who knows if it'll stick, but seems like a lot of people just had 1-2 months added on to their EDD this week.