Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have chase, it seemed very well integrated. If your bank won't let it work you can opt for an ACH by entering your bank routing and account number.
I've used Plaid for tons of other apps that connect your bank account to some other system. I mean I guess the joke's on me if one day they get hacked and someone takes all my money, but I don't think it's some kind of sketchy integration like most people seem to assume it is.

Reactions: ajs847
So my EDD got updated again to this:

Estimated Delivery: September 06 - September 09​

Which is TODAY. So far I haven’t received anything about scheduling the delivery yet. No text or anything. Weird.
Had my EDD update five days earlier than it was, too. Only just got my VIN on Saturday, but also haven't received any communication other than an invite to another dumb virtual orientation.

Picking up my MYLR tomorrow. I never got a text to schedule delivery (which EDD is supposed to be today) so I called my local Tesla.
I was planning on paying using Certified Check like I always do, but she was adamant on using their Plaid preferred payment system. She was so adamant that she was almost forceful and would not let me talk. It was as if there was no other option. She threatened me by saying that I might not be able to pick up the vehicle tomorrow if I didn’t use Plaid. Wow customer service really has changed over the years.

Picking up my MYLR tomorrow. I never got a text to schedule delivery (which EDD is supposed to be today) so I called my local Tesla.
I was planning on paying using Certified Check like I always do, but she was adamant on using their Plaid preferred payment system. She was so adamant that she was almost forceful and would not let me talk. It was as if there was no other option. She threatened me by saying that I might not be able to pick up the vehicle tomorrow if I didn’t use Plaid. Wow customer service really has changed over the years.
my SA definitely was much more diplomatic about the plaid vs certified check, but ultimately when I took delivery I just paid by Plaid because I got too lazy to go to the bank. Plaid worked easily with my chase accounts. I changed my banking password as soon as I finished, before even driving off the SC lot with my MY.

Do I need to pay for the car before delivery or can I pay via Plaid (or whatever other method) after actually seeing the car in person?
In Michigan at least at the Clarkston gallery I was told they wouldn't even route my car until I paid for it in full. I tried to call their bluff and submit my loan but hold my final payment until I saw and inspected the car but I was told a few times that was not possible in Michigan. I can still reject the car at delivery but at that point I be pretty deep into this one with my loan already active and insurance active as well, so I'm really hoping for minor to no issues at delivery

In Michigan at least at the Clarkston gallery I was told they wouldn't even route my car until I paid for it in full. I tried to call their bluff and submit my loan but hold my final payment until I saw and inspected the car but I was told a few times that was not possible in Michigan. I can still reject the car at delivery but at that point I be pretty deep into this one with my loan already active and insurance active as well, so I'm really hoping for minor to no issues at delivery
Michigan and Texas I think are the exceptions. They apparently have laws in place, thanks to the dealership industry, where they can't bring the vehicles across the state line until it's paid for.