Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mild Jun in NorCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And for the first time in days and only the third time in over 2 months, the sun is now finally out. It took until 2:30 pm today. But at least we got some sun for some of the day.
And of course those few sunny hours lasted only a few hours. No sun at all today. Keep in mind, I live 30 miles from the coast and lived here for 50 years. Don't ever recall a May and June gloom this persistent. We will get the occasional all day June gloom, but most of the time it is just morning overcast and fog with the afternoon being sunny.

Reactions: charlesj
April, May and June are my months to recapture all the energy I used during the winter. So not only was winter 2x more in heating costs than normal, these spring months are going to be 3x less than optimal for recapture, so my true up in July is going to be brutal. :mad:

We are raking in the credits hand over fist here in the Sierra foothills. Production has been a bit lower given the highly unusual cloud cover and some afternoon thunderstorms, but the mild temps make up for that and then a whole lot more. We're usually deep into AC territory and have had a smattering of 100 degree days by now - we've barely run the AC at all this year. I actually turned it on today just to dehumidify things a bit as it was getting a little sticky from all this moisture in the air.

Wild weather year.

We are raking in the credits hand over fist here in the Sierra foothills. Production has been a bit lower given the highly unusual cloud cover and some afternoon thunderstorms, but the mild temps make up for that and then a whole lot more. We're usually deep into AC territory and have had a smattering of 100 degree days by now - we've barely run the AC at all this year. I actually turned it on today just to dehumidify things a bit as it was getting a little sticky from all this moisture in the air.

Wild weather year.
Agree, amazingly cool spring so far. I have the windows open now and the whole house running. Trick is the mornings have been getting into the low 60's. Support to be real hot today and tomorrow, and then it gets back to 70 monday, which a low of 49. Playing the game to try and keep the AC mostly off for as long as I can. 15% back from PGE is better than nothing

Reactions: jboy210
Agree, amazingly cool spring so far. I have the windows open now and the whole house running. Trick is the mornings have been getting into the low 60's. Support to be real hot today and tomorrow, and then it gets back to 70 monday, which a low of 49. Playing the game to try and keep the AC mostly off for as long as I can. 15% back from PGE is better than nothing
I am playing the same game in the East Bay. It's overcast and cool in the evening and mornings, so we leave some windows open starting around 6 PM. Around 10AM we close everything up. So far zero A/C needed.

Reactions: h2ofun