TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Military Roll Call

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Renegade, Sep 4, 2013.

Tags:
?

What's your current rank?

1. Senior Officer (O-5 – O-10)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Junior Officer (O-1 – O-4)

36.4%
  3. Senior Enlisted (E-6 – E-9)

18.2%
  4. Junior Enlisted (E-1 – E5)

9.1%
  5. Retired

36.4%
  1. Renegade

Renegade Member

Would be interesting to see how many military members are currently driving or have placed an order for a Model S.

I know the MS is pricy, but I’ve seen some VERY expensive cars on many bases in my 12yrs, including Farris and Lamborghinis, so the MS shouldn’t be that much of a stretch for some.

Mainly I would like to be able to exchange information and provide updates on:

1. What bases currently have EV chargers or have plans to install them?
    2. Has anyone petitioned the base commander to install EV chargers? If so, were you successful, and what info did you use to show a need for base installed EV chargers?
    3. Does any base housing have EV chargers or plans to install them?
    4. Insight or plans on military incentives or discounts on purchase or accessories?

If anyone (non-military included) has any info on the above, please share. I would like to recommend to the base commander to install EV chargers, especially at the exchange and commissary, but not sure how to go about it. I’m sure they would consider it if there is a need (i.e. showing 15% of members have EVs, etc) but getting this data is difficult because this info is not collected by the bases.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start it off... Navy O-2 (LTJG) until 1 Dec when I'll put on O-3!

2. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

Does it count if I ETS'd 2 years ago?? :)

Lowly army O4 (physician), now civvy

3. Renegade

Renegade Member

Sure, forgot to include prior service in the poll.

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Navy Flight Surgeon assigned to the Marines.

Did the majority of my service as an O-3. Promoted to O-4 in the reserves after I was out.

5. Jonathan Hewitt

Navy O-3. Don't really need EV chargers with the Model S...but I do plan on showing my CO my car and seeing what his thoughts are on chargers. I read an article online that some Navy bases have them, but I don't know if they're available for general use or only for fleet vehicles.

6. Amped_up

Amped_up Member

Air Force O-4, O-5 in 2 months. Flying type (Navigator). Now the fun begins trying to get charge stations on base...

7. cloroxbb

cloroxbb Member

I asked the On-Base Housing office If they could install a NEMA 14-50 outlet for me, and they still haven't given me an answer. That was 3 months ago. Its not looking good. I decided I am probably going to wait on getting a Tesla until I ETS, and I will get an Electric Motorcycle instead.