Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Military Roll Call

What's your current rank?

• Senior Officer (O-5 – O-10)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interesting to see how many military members are currently driving or have placed an order for a Model S.

I know the MS is pricy, but I’ve seen some VERY expensive cars on many bases in my 12yrs, including Farris and Lamborghinis, so the MS shouldn’t be that much of a stretch for some.

Mainly I would like to be able to exchange information and provide updates on:

1. What bases currently have EV chargers or have plans to install them?
  2. Has anyone petitioned the base commander to install EV chargers? If so, were you successful, and what info did you use to show a need for base installed EV chargers?
  3. Does any base housing have EV chargers or plans to install them?
  4. Insight or plans on military incentives or discounts on purchase or accessories?

If anyone (non-military included) has any info on the above, please share. I would like to recommend to the base commander to install EV chargers, especially at the exchange and commissary, but not sure how to go about it. I’m sure they would consider it if there is a need (i.e. showing 15% of members have EVs, etc) but getting this data is difficult because this info is not collected by the bases.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start it off... Navy O-2 (LTJG) until 1 Dec when I'll put on O-3!

Navy O-3. Don't really need EV chargers with the Model S...but I do plan on showing my CO my car and seeing what his thoughts are on chargers. I read an article online that some Navy bases have them, but I don't know if they're available for general use or only for fleet vehicles.

I asked the On-Base Housing office If they could install a NEMA 14-50 outlet for me, and they still haven't given me an answer. That was 3 months ago. Its not looking good. I decided I am probably going to wait on getting a Tesla until I ETS, and I will get an Electric Motorcycle instead.