Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Day service.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Im noticing that for minor work things take a whole day to repair. Is this normal? Or is it due to the pandemic? When I say minor I'll say windscreen replacement, leak in fronk etc. If this is the norm should they not provide a loaners for the inconvenience? They are technically using my car for the whole day inconveniencing me. If this was Mercedes or BMW they would do the right thing. I'm just concerned as if this is the norm going forward it would dissapoint me and would look at my options in a couple years.

Pretty sure this is very common industry-wide - most dealers ask you to bring your car in early then they work through all the vehicles for the day and call you when done. It's usually way to hard to give specific time slots given the variable time of work on vehicles. This is exactly what used to happen with my VW and GM vehicles - usually you drop early early then get a shuttle to work. I prefer Tesla as my SC gives out a M3 loaner.

Reactions: gforce2002
I've had three different appointments at the Mississauga service Centre, 1 to replace the front upper control arm, 8am appoint, and done by 9:15am, another one to do the HW3 upgrade and some other TSB's, was given a loaner as it would take 4 hours, 3. front bottom aero shield came off, 10am appointment, was given a Model s with the heat on to sit in, since they aren't letting people inside due to covid, no keys so you can't drive it, but was done in about 30 min, but as a comparison, had to take the Mercedes in to service at the Oakville dealership and it was a whole day thing, told they have no rentals and no shuttle due to covid, see you 8 hours.

This has been my experience as well but they seem to be downgrading their services to this model where you drop in the morning and it takes all day. Provide an uber credit and your on your own after that. I pay for my car and I pay for the covienience to go when I want. I even requested a loaner and they said they don't have. I said they can reschedule a date when they do have a loaner and they said they don't do that for cars that are in for a DAY. Just dissapointed that this is the approach that service is taking and not what I'm use to.

Am I wrong here? I believe that the 100$ Uber certificate is nice to do but why not give me a loaner for 40-60 bucks. This in my opinion is a total disregard for my time and my ability to go where I need to and totally not the service I am use to getting. I guess a true sign of things to come. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-173716_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-173716_Tesla.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 47
Am I wrong here? I believe that the 100$ Uber certificate is nice to do but why not give me a loaner for 40-60 bucks. This in my opinion is a total disregard for my time and my ability to go where I need to and totally not the service I am use to getting. I guess a true sign of things to come. :(
Generally, it just means they don't have a loaner available. With Tesla selling almost everything they have at the end of each quarter, the number of loaner cars each service center just has fewer cars to use until they get restocked.