Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors unfold "randomly" in my garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case you didn't already know; each position you put your mirrors in, you need to save the profile. Example:
Driving forward, you want the mirrors "up", so put the car in P or D, and save the profile.
Then, put the car in R, and position the mirrors where you want them. Then save the profile. Then, put the car in P or D (not before saving profile.
Is that for older cars? I have a 2020 MS and have never had to specify the angle the side mirrors tilt look down while in Reverse - from the factory, they just tilted down in Reverse and then back up to my specified setting when in Drive.

(By the way, I have blind spot mirrors installed on my side mirrors and eventually turned the 'Auto-Tilt' feature off, as they weren't really needed. With all of the software updates since then, I haven't circled-back to the setting to see if they behave differently.)

I've had something similar a few times, but with the mirrors tilting between reverse and drive (mirrors stayed tilted down after shifting to drive). Haven't seen it in a while though. What software are you on?
Thanks for the reply. I am on 2022.8.10.5. Reading through the thread starting at the beginning ... I suspect what you are experiencing is something different.

Mine too - it's on an extender (for my solar panels) and only five feet from the car.

>>Others may have mirror issues resulting from other problems, but this fixed mine -- so thought I'd let you all know.<<

Still have random foldings/unfoldings - every so often if I open the passenger door by touching its handle the pax mirror unfolds. Just that one...
I just reread through this thread and I am wondering if everyone is living with the problem, has turned off wi-fi, or if there is a better solution? I have a 2016MSAP1MCU1 and the mirrors worked in the same garage for 4 years before the randomness started. I have a 2017X parked in the same garage and the mirrors work just fine.

I just reread through this thread and I am wondering if everyone is living with the problem, has turned off wi-fi, or if there is a better solution? I have a 2016MSAP1MCU1 and the mirrors worked in the same garage for 4 years before the randomness started. I have a 2017X parked in the same garage and the mirrors work just fine.
For me, I just resigned to living with it. After so many attempted 'fixes' and so many Tesla Service Center visits, it seemed that it could not be fixed. The nail-in-the-coffin was when I had the issue actually elevated to the Tesla Software team and was communicating with them. Still, it went unfixed. I've got a bit more room in my garage than some so I just decided to leave them unfolded whilst at home (they still fold/unfold if I'm parked somewhere besides home). ☹️