Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

miscategorized roads in 7.1 restricting autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just emailing with servicehelpna at teslamotors dot com and they claim that they have not received a single report of a Model S miscategorizing a road as undivided when it's divided, or restricting a road that shouldn't be.

I know I have however seen posts on this forum that say otherwise.

My ask, is to please email servicehelpna for every time you run in to this situation. It won't get better if they don't think it's happening.

I was on a country road tonight where I paid close attention to this. The road was divided by a grass median in places and had no divider in other places. I set TACC at +7mph so that it would alert me when the restriction was in place. Amazingly, it was perfect the whole time. Whenever the road was divided I could set TACC at 7 over and as soon as the median ended (or more precisely about 300 ft past that point) I received a notice that the speed would be reduced. I was quite impressed. I had no idea they would have that level of precision in their map data.

I have not emailed but always log the bug report verbally when in the car. And I get "Thanks for the feedback!" message. I will email as well. Thanks for sharing.
So I asked them about all the bug reports I've submitted through the car for inaccurate speed limits that they've done nothing about. Their response was that If I wanted it looked at I should email them instead. I guess that bug report feature, although convenient, is useless.

Well, that sucks. But, okay. I will email. Seems it would be much more useful if while I'm in the car, on the actual road where the problem is, that I could log the problem. But, oh wait, this is a car company after all? My bad. Thought they were better than that.