Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed the rise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not such a major trump card. MobileEye are collecting data at rate of 6 million km per day from their fleet of MobileEye equipped vehicles.

38:20

View attachment 510260
Only 10 years for them to catch up in that case! Actually, Tesla must be adding that too so they will never catch up.
I’m not sure tesla store that data in truth, they just call upon the fleet when required.

^Tesla really need to start showing HW3 actually does something more than HW2.

Right now the AP code running on HW2 verus HW3 shows no difference to the end user.

Lots of rumours all that is about to change, so we will all wait and see.

Reactions: ringi
Im sure Tesla has about 2 billion miles of AP data too - data is just data til you start using it ;-)

well as the other poster mentioned, seems they don’t have all this data and it’s called upon only if needed and it’s not stored for very long, you must also have WiFi to upload the data apparently otherwise it just gets deleted

There is no ghost mode driver either apparently that Elon keeps claiming at least not for cars in the wild.

The mobileye demo and presentation are indeed impressive. the more so without all the Musk enthusiasm and failed past promises/timelines. Perhaps more significant is their projected timelines of what they expect to be a proven system on offer to any manufacturer as opposed to incremental updates with bugs. There has to be an implication that if it can be done then Musk may have similar up his sleeve but usually he chucks it out unfinished and sees what breaks....but we haven't seen how mobileye might cope with low sun, condensation,snow and the like...
It give me hope that by the time I'm too senile to drive safely I might get a real working self-drive car - so long as i can remember where I want to go....

Reactions: Beady3647
Stock price pretty high today, 2nd only to the dying seconds prior to S&P inclusion:

upload_2020-12-30_20-0-57.png

Guess there's a lot of optimism about being able to deliver 500k cars in 2020.