Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Games in Arcade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! Happy Holidays!!! 🎄🕎🥂

I finally got my MYLR on 12/21...so exciting! I love it! I was checking out the arcade and noticed that I didn't have a couple of games that I was expecting to see. I found out that Witcher 3 is on S/X only, which is understandable. But I also do not have Cuphead and most recently, Sonic (I have update 44.25.2).

Are these games also not available on the MY? Everything I can find online says (or implies) that they both are.

If my MY is indeed missing games that other MY owners have, but we have the same version of software, is there even a fix?

Missing games aside, I am extremely happy with my car and I'm getting more and more used to it each day. This coming week will be my first for commuting, so I'm anxious to see how that goes with my anticipated range and charging costs! 😁

Hi all! Happy Holidays!!! 🎄🕎🥂

I finally got my MYLR on 12/21...so exciting! I love it! I was checking out the arcade and noticed that I didn't have a couple of games that I was expecting to see. I found out that Witcher 3 is on S/X only, which is understandable. But I also do not have Cuphead and most recently, Sonic (I have update 44.25.2).

Are these games also not available on the MY? Everything I can find online says (or implies) that they both are.

If my MY is indeed missing games that other MY owners have, but we have the same version of software, is there even a fix?

Missing games aside, I am extremely happy with my car and I'm getting more and more used to it each day. This coming week will be my first for commuting, so I'm anxious to see how that goes with my anticipated range and charging costs! 😁
Glad to hear my fellow red MYLR owner is loving her new ride.I picked mine up on Sunday and also love it!

Reactions: Morwynn
Had some back and forth with Tesla's software guys today as they tried to push an update with the games 3 times to my car directly...then they realized that the Sonic game has been pulled due to bugs, so the entire batch of games that Sonic is grouped with (including Cuphead) is now not getting installed on current v11 installs. They should be back with the next update.

Had some back and forth with Tesla's software guys today as they tried to push an update with the games 3 times to my car directly...then they realized that the Sonic game has been pulled due to bugs, so the entire batch of games that Sonic is grouped with (including Cuphead) is now not getting installed on current v11 installs. They should be back with the next update.
If this is true, that'd make me happy, 'cuz I don't have them either. I'm willing to put a hub in the glovebox to play some games via controller. JUST LET ME DO IT, TESLA.

Some not great news...received an update from Tesla, and the official line is that they are not installing games that require a game controller on cars built after Nov 18th, due to the removal of data ports from the center console. They're looking into a bluetooth solution.

Of course that response is complete nonsense for a number of reasons:
1) They never should have removed data functionality from the center console USB ports. Those ports are typically used for data transfer in all cars, not just Tesla's...for example music being played off a USB drive.

2) The USB port in the glove compartment is functional, and with a USB hub and Mayflash dongle, you have game controller functionality available now - so no reason for Tesla to withhold the games.

This whole thing is just a sh*t show...such a minor savings creating such trouble. I bet they will wind up spending more on support than they saved on the USB controller.

A new update, 2022.28.1, will install the games that require a controller, Sonic/Cuphead/Cat Quest, with a note saying that you have to plug a game controller in to the glovebox USB port:

1663112218652.png

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
A new update, 2022.28.1, will install the games that require a controller, Sonic/Cuphead/Cat Quest, with a note saying that you have to plug a game controller in to the glovebox USB port:

View attachment 852220
I am eager to see if my retrofitted center console USB ports (data & power) work with the games. Would be interesting to see if the games for our car builds were altered to just look at one specific USB port. 🤞

So cool they showed up again, my son is going to be so happy. I noticed it says must be plugged into the USB in the glovebox. Do you really have to take out the sentry HD every time? Do those USB-A with a wireless dongle attached work? Any advice on which controllers actually work? I was hoping my wireless Switch controller would work. Strange usb-C doesn’t work. Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

So cool they showed up again, my son is going to be so happy. I noticed it says must be plugged into the USB in the glovebox. Do you really have to take out the sentry HD every time? Do those USB-A with a wireless dongle attached work? Any advice on which controllers actually work? I was hoping my wireless Switch controller would work. Strange usb-C doesn’t work. Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
This is what I want to find out - is there is a bluetooth transceiver that will work with the USB-A port in the glovebox for the cars without a data port in the center console? It would be nice to be able to use the PS4 controller wirelessly.

My newly delivered 2023 MYP is missing them completely. I contacted service and they re-pushed the software update, but still nothing. I do have all the other games, but none of the Atari games. The ones that do require the controller, actually have the message mentioned above about requiring a controller being plugged into the glovebox to play.

I have a service appt in early December to address some delivery day issues, so I guess I'll push more then.

Thanks!
I have a Model 3, but it should be the same. I use a USB hub with 4 ports so I can plug in the sentry thing too. This is the one:

If you don't mind a wired controller, this one works well:

Any mistakes while playing Sonic the Hedgehog with these are due to my Sega Genesis being bundled with Sonic 2 so I don't have as much experience with the first game.

I hate that my 2023 Model Y Performance does have Missile Command and Lunar Lander. Even the Boombox doesn't seem to work, I can't change the horn to do a different sound. Oh but Tesla gave me the colorizer, which is a worthless thing.