Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Mobile App Remote Access is OFF" (when it's not)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

My car was in for service but I confirmed with the tech that the order closed over 48 hours ago. I've done all the obvious stuff (reinstall, reboot, etc.) and SERVICE MODE = OFF and MOBILE ACCESS = ON in the vehicle settings. TeslaFi logging was enabled but of course it shows no activity. I have a great service rep but he's confused as to what's going on and has no solution, which is worrying. This was pre software update to the latest version of 2.0.

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome....of course it's frustrating when you don't know exactly what's going on.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.PNG
    IMG_0565.PNG
    260.6 KB · Views: 160
Update, received this from my service advisor:

"Engineering just got back. Acknowledge the issue. They're aware and working on a solution. They confirmed a server issue. No fix yet.
Under investigation. This is the early stages of it. I'd guess a couple weeks. We just got 3 other clients today call with the same issue."

So yeah...fun stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
IMG_5022.PNG
I have the same problem. Went in for a service and can no longer access my car through the app. Took it back for a firmware update again, as TuneIn radio failed too ( but not Spotify ), and didn't work. They're trying but don't know what the issue is.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tam
I can confirm i am atleast one of the three that this is happening too as well. They think the car is still in the service center geo-fence. The usual reboot, -deep reboot, emergency power off, uninstall the app, change the password, didn't work, and quite a few phone calls. Engineering seems to be looking at it but i have not actually spoken to anyone on that team.

Please post when it is resolved and I will do the same.

My app has connected. After a call with service where they still were not sure why it was not working, I waited a little bit and tried again. It connected. Hope yours resolves soon too. Mine was 70 hours after I picked the car up from service.