Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3’s reportedly warehoused in Maple

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps they are waiting for a software change to enable DRL's, as they are not a requirement in the US, but they are here.
That and french labeling perhaps.
If this is true, once that's worked out, we could all be getting VIN's and delivery within days of each other!

I'm hoping thats the case, and we get them soon.

But why wouldnt they just give us the VINs since that wont change, so we can take care of insurance, etc. And then when they get the Language Update/DRL/etc we can just pick up the cars.

I think they need time to properly set up the new delivery site and do staffing so there's no rush on their end. I bet we'll get the VINs real soon but deliveries will still be the first week of May at the earliest.

Careful, this is the same as trying to get into Area 51 to get UFO pictures.

Success. Warehouse address cannot be disclosed though.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 127
Tesla sent me forms today to complete for the rebate for BC, which I did, and I also had to scan and send back a copy of my driver's licence -- yet our vehicles will not be arriving until June. If this thread is true, and I will need to see it to believe it, it's odd that no one has been given any documents to get the paperwork started back east.

Tesla sent me forms today to complete for the rebate for BC, which I did, and I also had to scan and send back a copy of my driver's licence -- yet our vehicles will not be arriving until June. If this thread is true, and I will need to see it to believe it, it's odd that no one has been given any documents to get the paperwork started back east.

My brain agrees with this logic.
My heart tells me to keep hitting F5.

Come on TMC I thought we'd have searched every warehouse in Maple by now! lol

Maybe east guys will get VIN's first and paperwork later. F5.. F5..F5.. and F5

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG
Wouldn't be much sense as with Ontario you can't file it early. I had to submit it for my Leaf and you front the money and get a 14k cheque later.

Okay, that's the rebate issue but what about people who need to finance? Also, are we really expected to believe a bunch of Model 3s are going into a warehouse on semis, that are being driven down the roads, and no one takes even one picture?

Video Shows Tesla Model 3 Vehicles Being Delivered On a Truck

I guess you're short on cell phones with cameras back east. Either that, or something's fishy here, at least for my smell test.

Maybe east guys will get VIN's first and paperwork later.

That's how it was when I ordered my S over 4 years ago. But the VIN was given when the vehicle went into production so that gives you a few weeks. The 3s are being built faster, and there's such limited configs, that they can build a bunch and assign VINs later. I get all that. I also hope it's true you get them immediately back east to ensure your rebates -- plus that means we are likely to get ours sooner rather than later. I just need a picture or some other proof because cognitive dissonance is too powerful given the facts at play here.

Okay, that's the rebate issue but what about people who need to finance? Also, are we really expected to believe a bunch of Model 3s are going into a warehouse on semis, that are being driven down the roads, and no one takes even one picture?

Video Shows Tesla Model 3 Vehicles Being Delivered On a Truck

I guess you're short on cell phones with cameras back east. Either that, or something's fishy here, at least for my smell test.

That's how it was when I ordered my S over 4 years ago. But the VIN was given when the vehicle went into production so that gives you a few weeks. The 3s are being built faster, and there's such limited configs, that they can build a bunch and assign VINs later. I get all that. I also hope it's true you get them immediately back east to ensure your rebates -- plus that means we are likely to get ours sooner rather than later. I just need a picture or some other proof because cognitive dissonance is too powerful given the facts at play here.

Yeah I don't think many of us are blindly believing this claim without proof. We're waiting on @bgeorgi to chime in again

Reactions: 03DSG