TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Accessories

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Dakah3, Jul 12, 2019.

1. PJF000

PJF000 Member

Yeah, I believe Porshe have plenty.

• Funny x 3
  2. stedes

stedes Member

Also...my 2c ... sometimes you actually draw more attention to the car by putting a cover on.

3. stedes

stedes Member

• Like x 2
  4. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

Correct

5. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. jamesp

jamesp Member

Thanks for posting the link.

Interesting - no 20" snow chains for the Performance model.

Homelink is $460, but since it was listed as a standard feature when I ordered I am expecting it to be included in mine.

Also, in order to get two Lightning USB cables it appears you need to buy two surplus USB-C cables.

• Like x 1
  7. Tigger

Tigger Member

Interesting...

Does the fact that there is no option to buy the interior floor mats as an aftermarket accessory mean that the SR+ partial premiums interiors also come with mats included?

• Like x 1
  8. Dave3333

Dave3333 Member

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that they don't (by people with the cars).

• Informative x 1
  9. thomasw

thomasw Member

For the ultimate geek, many of us here I am sure, there is now a way to plug in a OBD dongle (I think the Model 3 may be the only modern car to not have a OBD port) and connect the Scan my Tesla app to it. Will give you all sorts of extra info like more in depth battery stats.
    diagnostic adapter cable – Tesla M3 (>01/2019) – EMDS
    I've ordered one as I can't resist seeing all that extra data :)

There has been another one for a little while, but a bit expensive and too big to tuck away anywhere, and a far more complicated box which I think gives out less info too but I could be wrong. (Also they often come wired wrong from what I've read) EVTV Motor Verks Store: Tesla Model 3 OBDII Adapter, OEM Electric Vehicle Items, Model3OBDII2019

• Informative x 1
  10. stedes

stedes Member

Have you confirmed it works? The second one looks like it taps into the CAN bus rather than just an OBD type "read only" device. Also, without knowing for sure, I read somewhere that the diagnostic ports are now disabled by default and can only be enabled by staff with a code that's unique to each vehicle and that is different every day!?
    Let us know your findings when you get as I'd be really interested. I've had similar devices for VW and BMW and have found them indispensable.

11. thomasw

thomasw Member

The Model 3 does not have a OBD port, and may have a diagnostic port of some sort I think but seems to be locked down, so not relevant to anyone but Tesla's own service techs.
    Both plug in the same place I think. My understanding is that OBD ports can output a variety of types of data including canbus, and this adaptor plugs in line with a canbus cable to feed off the canbus signals to a OBD type plug and into a bluetooth adaptor of your choice (or they sell one). Or the EVTV one feeds the data into a adaptor built into the box and various other smarts to log, etc but seems overkill for most people and it isn't a small box.
    There seems to be some reports on forums of people buying this cable and using it ok, as well as the evtv one that has been around for a while (and there have been some others in the US custom made or made for other purposes, but not easily available). Still are a few people on forums working out all the data that comes out and what it all means, and I'm not sure if the data showing in the app is more limited with a Model 3 than a S. And also they have found firmware updates have changed things sometimes too which does help. But still it seems to show quote on a lot of interesting info.

12. RobDickinson

RobDickinson Member

Note V10 will overwrite old sentry files if the disk is full (and over 5gb) no need for massive disks just for that now.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  13. Zilla

Zilla Member

Sentry
    Mats
    Storage

In-Cabin Floor Mats (RHD)
    I picked up the car yesterday from Richmond but there's no option from Tesla to buy floor mats. I'm in desperate need for floor mats, so I've reused ones from my previous car. I'm looking online for generic looking ones for now until we get some competitively priced ones that look less agricultural.

*Prices in AUD