Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up for anyone ordered jack pad adaptors like these. They to not actually fit in a small trolley jack that you may have at home. They are 75mm in diameter. Furthermore you will need an extremely low trolley jack to actually fit beneath the car and pad to jack the car. my small trolley jack will fit beneath the car, but not with the pads installed . Will keep them for when I need tyres changed at a tyre shop.

I got these Abstract Ocean door release buttons for Model 3 as a Chrissie present:

Door Release Buttons (set of 4)

Having had one person already use the emergency release button to open the passenger door, I put these on fairly promptly. These stickers have a raised profile (they are not flat stickers) so they look OEM and not tacky at all. I got black ones. They stick first time and can’t be removed so you need to line them up well before applying.

What’s not mentioned on the website is that they also include two red “warning” buttons to stick on the emergency release button as added disincentive for passengers to use it, which is a great addition.

C52E6D78-9828-4389-A718-EC150338FF23.jpeg

I also got a console wrap but haven’t put it on yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I got these Abstract Ocean door release buttons for Model 3 as a Chrissie present:

Having had one person already use the emergency release button to open the passenger door, I put these on fairly promptly. These stickers have a raised profile (they are not flat stickers) so they look OEM and not tacky at all. I got black ones. They stick first time and can’t be removed so you need to line them up well before applying.

What’s not mentioned on the website is that they also include two red “warning” buttons to stick on the emergency release button as added disincentive for passengers to use it, which is a great addition.

View attachment 492881

You shouldn't have to worry about a passenger using the emergency release, just don't make it a habit.
The reason Tesla doesn't recommend it is because it forces the door open no matter what, if the vehicle happens to be without power, it will force open the door without pulling the windows down as it should do.

Thankfully Tesla made the release button pull down the windows while the vehicle has power. If you happen to damage the windows positioning its pretty easy to reset them.

CleanShot 2019-12-27 at 14.09.12@2x.png

I'm not suggesting that you ignore Tesla's warnings, just if you happen to have it be accidentally used its not the end of the world.

Alternatively you can use stickers although I believe they ruin the styling of the interior.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman

View attachment 492881

When doing the console wrap I recommend following the advice to have the car really cold when you do it. Makes the vinyl much easer to get into place properly.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vostok
So in case anyone in Australia wants to put a 12v fast charge cable from the 12v power to the wireless pad, I had some fun today. So for Australia, the console is the same as the USA and LHD markets, so you need to remove the right hand side to run the cables. The left side has the mechanism to lift/close the lids so no space there. That said I didn't actually install the cables cause I told the wife i'd have to drill a small hole and it was decided to keep with the slow charging option for now.

Whilst I was down there though, I saw in the passenger foot well there is what I assume is the normal gap for the LHD steering column on the front top firewall where the carpet is missing.

Anyone know why here in Australia we can't buy the offical Tesla OEM wireless changing pad:
Model 3 Wireless Phone Charger

Yeah no idea. I ordered it from the US store and had it shipped via mail forwarding along with some other Tesla stuff.

It is excellent and never had an issue with it. Well built. Figured I didn’t want to take chances with third party ones not playing nicely with future firmware as had happened originally with a couple of them.

Does anyone know if the USA Model 3 Key Fob works with the Australian Model 3s? I saw the key fob isn't on sale here, just thinking of importing one.
Not strictly on topic but last Monday I asked the Melbourne Tesla folk why I couldn't buy a Model 3 fob; the answer was that
" ... The key fobs are only available through Tesla in the North American market at this time ..." However they have promised to escalate my request to buy one here because they get several requests a week!

Does anyone know if the USA Model 3 Key Fob works with the Australian Model 3s? I saw the key fob isn't on sale here, just thinking of importing one.
You know, I was absolutely going to get a fob because I hated the idea of having to use my phone. But now I don’t.

To answer your question... yes they do work. Someone posted here a month ago they they got one and it works.

Hi,

I have one (not the proximity one) and it works fine. Just double click on the frunk, roof (car) or boot to open each. Saves me giving my card or phone (and detailed instructions) to someone if I just need them to get into the car to get something.

A YouTuber helped me solve a problem. It annoyed me I couldn't hear my Google Assistant responses when I was using the inbuilt Spotify or TuneIn. His solution involved using a flic button to summon the assistant and a helper app (AudioBT plus) which kind of fakes a phone call when the assistant is summoned. The result is the music pauses and the assistant audio is routed through the car audio. I'm yet to implement the flic bit, but using the helper app works great! It certainly helped me, and I hope it helps you.

Has anyone purchased the taptes RHD 3d maxpider replica looking floor mats? Keen to know how they fit. The ones I got from aliexpress are not 3d maxpider replicas and are a terrible fit. Don't want to get burned twice.

FYI if anyone wants the front shopping hooks that didn't come with the 2020 Model 3, they cost $1 each (so $2 for both the right and left) direct from Tesla Service Aust. ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-RH (1116003-00-C) and ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-LH (1116002-00-C)

Have these on order, just turned up in Sydney this morning awaiting customs clearance.
Very exciting. When you get them, let me know the fit in our cars. Happy to buy them if they are a snug fit. The ones I got from Luckeasy on aliexpress are terrible. Not only feel cheap and nasty but have folds sticking out etc on the sides cause they don't really fit the RHD cars well at all. Tesmanian are also bringing out RHD versions of their floor mats but who knows when...