Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got a set of aftermarket sunshades that you are happy with. If so who was the seller?
Probably only after one for the front glass roof. Loads on fleabay and aliexpress. Shipping times for Ali seem too long though.
I got some from ebay and they are a bit useless. The shades themselves seem to be fine, its the clips. The clips mine came with have just a slither of plastic to slip between the roof and the trim, but it just slides straight back out again, so a bit pointless. I think some of the others ive seen have a wedge type plastic clip which I think would work better as it would hold the shade in it's spot

I love the Chinglish on the ad “Do’t block the line of sight”, “the violent sun makes the car very hot”, “don’t afraid of deformation”, “don’t need to do any damage”.

These are soooo much cheaper than the Tesla OEM ones ($250 for a front and rear set) so what’s the catch?

These are soooo much cheaper than the Tesla OEM ones ($250 for a front and rear set) so what’s the catch?

well, they are just some sunshade, no way they should be worth $250. Like all manufacturers, Tesla obviously put a huge mark up on their accessories.

I bought a frunk and boot rubbers mats and wheel centre caps from AliExpress as well, at a fraction of the cost of Tesla’s ones, and they are of pretty good quality.

I love the Chinglish on the ad “Do’t block the line of sight”, “the violent sun makes the car very hot”, “don’t afraid of deformation”, “don’t need to do any damage”.

So far I can't see any catch. They work! I mean, the fit is not *perfect*, but it's more than adequate. I can take photos if anyone is interested?

I collected my car last Monday and was told by the delivery advisor that I could buy accessories online, not at Alexandria in person. But I can't see anywhere I can order any accessory other than FSD. Does anyone have any advice regarding that? Are we forced to buy non genuine accessories from Aliexpress, etc?

I collected my car last Monday and was told by the delivery advisor that I could buy accessories online, not at Alexandria in person. But I can't see anywhere I can order any accessory other than FSD. Does anyone have any advice regarding that? Are we forced to buy non genuine accessories from Aliexpress, etc?
I asked about buying a frunk mat when I picked my car up yesterday... the explanation I was given was that all hands were on deck delivering the cars, so on-one would be able to serve me at the Service / Accessories department. I was told to come back in January after the end-of-quarter rush. So it’s not that you can’t buy in person from Alexandria, you just can’t do it right now.

I asked about buying a frunk mat when I picked my car up yesterday... the explanation I was given was that all hands were on deck delivering the cars, so on-one would be able to serve me at the Service / Accessories department. I was told to come back in January after the end-of-quarter rush. So it’s not that you can’t buy in person from Alexandria, you just can’t do it right now.
FFS

Thanks Vostok, you obviously had a more experienced delivery person than me.
Hope you're finding your car as great as I think it is despite the hassles of dealing with this startup!

I ordered the Tachiko set from Amazon, they have better (slightly wider) clips than the second Aliexpress set, also slightly less warping in the frame, and the Tachiko one has the 'half' rear screen with the arc that helps visibility. Visibly you'd be tough to tell them apart, but small things make a difference.