Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the RHD all weather mats from Luckeasy (Aliexpress) delivered today. Good quality. Cheap cheap price. Already had the front and back truck liners. Made of TPE like the tesla ones.

meowsers can you confirm what the surface of these is like?
I'm looking for something that is very rubbery/grippy to stop things sliding around as much as possible. They look to have a fine texture to them as well as the larger ribs, but that doesn't always mean they are grippy if you put a large box on them for example, I want something quite rubbery.

Also they seem to have two types with little explanation of the difference:
US $63.0 |LUCKEASY TPE Material All Weather Car Trunk Floor Mat Cargo Liner Rear Cargo Tray Black Protector for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
US $59.0 |LUCKEASY TPE Material All Weather Car Trunk Floor Mat Cargo Liner Rear Cargo Tray Black Protector for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
The second one which you got look like they might make it easier to open the sub boot, but not sure there would be much difference.

Also I found one of those type on a Australian website and pretty similar pricing too Heavy Duty Waterproof Rear Front Cargo Rubber Mat Boot Liner Luggage Tray for Tesla Model 3

Haven’t ordered yet but I’m keen to get one of these. Model 3 Power Liftgate (Soft Closing) – Tesla Offer

Me too. Although in AU it 's probably cheaper to get them direct from China: Intelligent Car Electric Tailgate Trunk System For TESLA Model 3 | eBay

But I'm bothered by the install manual showing it taking power direct from the 12V battery. From first-hand experience installing emergency warning equipment in these cars, I've seen that drawing power directly from the 12V battery can make the car think it is loosing charge faster than it should and then continually warn that the 12V battery needs replacement. I'm trying to get clarification about this from the supplier.

Me too. Although in AU it 's probably cheaper to get them direct from China: Intelligent Car Electric Tailgate Trunk System For TESLA Model 3 | eBay

But I'm bothered by the install manual showing it taking power direct from the 12V battery. From first-hand experience installing emergency warning equipment in these cars, I've seen that drawing power directly from the 12V battery can make the car think it is loosing charge faster than it should and then continually warn that the 12V battery needs replacement. I'm trying to get clarification about this from the supplier.
I have the kit and done a bit of research on the installation.

You can tap power from the 2 other sources near the CANBUS connection, 1 source taps off the 12V accessory.

I’ll know more once I get my Model 3 and do the install.

I have the kit and done a bit of research on the installation.

You can tap power from the 2 other sources near the CANBUS connection, 1 source taps off the 12V accessory.

I’ll know more once I get my Model 3 and do the install.

I've seen some videos showing where to get 12V power on a spare pin on the VCLEFT module, but when I looked there on a RHD version, the pin was already used. Could pull power from the 12V lighter socket, but I think that is limited to 10A. Do you know how much current the liftgate system draws? I'm also starting to wonder if the car might only get upset about direct 12V drain while it's asleep, in which case wiring the liftgate direct might not be a problem. Anyway, please let us know what you learn when you do the install.

Anyone bought a screen protector? If so, which one did you go with? Luckeasy? Someone else?
I've bought two. Elon Accessories and a random "Ruiya" branded one on Amazon Prime Day.

Use REPEAT15 for 15% off. [Version 2] Premium Quality Touch Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3

Amazon one: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07GKGDC5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Elon Accessories protector is apparently the best available, lots of really good YouTube reviews. It has the oil-proof (read: fingerprint proof coating) and glare proof coating. On initial impressions, it looks and feels like the Paperlike screen protector you can get for iPads.

The Amazon one looks like a plain glossy glass protector to match the same finish as the original display.

Reactions: Dave3333
I've seen some videos showing where to get 12V power on a spare pin on the VCLEFT module, but when I looked there on a RHD version, the pin was already used. Could pull power from the 12V lighter socket, but I think that is limited to 10A. Do you know how much current the liftgate system draws? I'm also starting to wonder if the car might only get upset about direct 12V drain while it's asleep, in which case wiring the liftgate direct might not be a problem. Anyway, please let us know what you learn when you do the install.
I’m also concerned with vampire drain and will measure the current both at standby and operation.

I will also have a raspberry pi (TeslaUSB) connected as well for Dashcam and Sentry mode, that too will have a small drain albeit insignificant compared to Sentry mode power draw.

I’m also concerned with vampire drain and will measure the current both at standby and operation.

I will also have a raspberry pi (TeslaUSB) connected as well for Dashcam and Sentry mode, that too will have a small drain albeit insignificant compared to Sentry mode power draw.

Not on my own car (ostensibly due later this month) but on a demo vehicle for work purposes, I ran a RPi off one of the front centre-console usb ports. Both those USB ports and the 12V lighter socket seem to power-down pretty promptly when the car is locked/sleeps. I didn't think to try activating sentry mode to see if that keeps them alive, but I guess it must? Another option for constant power could be to trickle-charge a gelcell or lithium-pack from the 12V or USB sockets... but seems a bit clunky.

Anyone bought a screen protector? If so, which one did you go with? Luckeasy? Someone else?

We got one from Luckeasy. It arrived in just a few days (local warehouse dispatch) and it came in a stiff frame so there is no chance of you getting a broken one.

To my eyes, its not branded any differently to the generics and it doesn't feel any more premium or different to other glass screen protectors I have used for my phones in the past. The only reason why I paid more for the Luckeasy one is because it touted a curved bottom edge to follow the screen. I can confirm it does have that slight curve on the bottom edge.

Reactions: Dave3333
Anyone found a good car cover? I really want a car cover that has cutouts for all the camera so that I could continue to use sentry mode with the car cover on. I'm contemplating buying a tight car cover and cutting out camera holes...

I park my car in an underground car park in my apartment complex and its super dusty, would love to cover the car but also keep sentry mode active.

Anyone found a good car cover? I really want a car cover that has cutouts for all the camera so that I could continue to use sentry mode with the car cover on. I'm contemplating buying a tight car cover and cutting out camera holes...

I park my car in an underground car park in my apartment complex and its super dusty, would love to cover the car but also keep sentry mode active.

That would be hella annoying having to put the cover on and then line the material up over each camera so the holes aren't covered by material. Plus, easy way to obscure your cameras should someone want to break in...