Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 boot struts replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticed their model 3 boot struts go after about being 4 or 5 years old? Any cheap replacement availability delivered from Amazon or the like?
Just messaged Tesla but expecting them to be expensive for a simple replacement!
Should be an easy simple DIY if I can get the parts

i have a service appointment for.........my trunk not opening up for a light show. My trunk works fine otherwise.

I have a real issue (TPMS failure) but might as well the the trunk control arm issue looked at.

I have a M3 late 2021 and have just had the strut replaced under warranty this month. Initially had the O ring fitted, then the O ring replaced with bigger one, then the progressive failure. I think there were a batch that had this problem so there will be a few that have had similar.

No it's misleading. The components can be used on both sides, you still have to buy two and you can see it defaults to two on the purchase button, so £60. Then a tenner for delivery. It's something I did very recently.
Service chap did them in literally 5 minutes, something you can easily do yourself rather than £188.86 bill (had it not been warranty)
That's mad... Tesla in my experience don't overcharge on labour so are they saying their struts are over £100? In my experience if it's a few minutes fix they scale the hourly fee.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado