Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, here's my son's story. We have owned a Model S since January 2014, so my son reserved his Model 3 within about a minute of the website opening up (7:30pm, March 31, 2016!).

When Model 3 configurations opened for Canada, my son decided to wait for the DM/AWD version. Angst then happened over the next month or so, given the $CAD possible changes in price, the reducing budget for the $5,000 BC government EV rebate, and overall timing re when AWD would be opened up and what that would do to the delivery date (and the EV rebate).

Finally, last Monday June 25th he couldn't take it any more and configured and ordered the RWD version. Lo and behold, he very quickly got an email back confirming a car meeting his requirements was available in the Vancouver area, pickup tentatively Friday June 29th. The more detail-oriented among readers may realize that Tuesday morning, like 14 hours after he ordered, AWD configurations opened up! However after a few more agonizing thoughtful hours on Tuesday morning he decided to keep with the current order.

He picked up his car yesterday (Friday June 29th) and drove it back to Victoria. He's over the moon. Here's a text he sent me this morning: "Words can't express how amazing this car is, so happy, it's pouring rain here and the car sticks to the road. Console position is perfect and man it's so easy to get in and out of and the steering wheel position with no dash in front of you just makes so much more sense. And the whole everything just works. It's all the little things that just make the experience that much better."

So, some might be pissed he only had to wait 4 days between order and delivery. However, I would argue he's been anxiously waiting since 2008, when he saw a Roadster in Who Killed the Electric Car. It was his constant yapping about Tesla that finally got me interested, after several YEARS. But I'm really happy he did. :)

[EDIT:] 28,8xx, midnight silver metallic, 18" wheels, black interior, EAP, and of course long range battery, rear wheel drive

Last edited:
Yes, originally it was 4 to 8 weeks when I ordered, and now it's 3 to 5 months.

I ordered June 19 and was given 4-8 weeks delivery estimate. When I login now, there’s no mention of a delivery window at all. Tesla told me that unless I receive an updated window, the original estimate should still hold. I’m hoping that’s still the case. Are you a Day 1 reservation holder? How did they inform you of the change in delivery window?

Damn, I was hoping that wasn't the case. Even if the $3200 has already been "placed" prior to July 1?

This thread Will editing after June affect free internet connectivity? talks about this. Apparently, if you edit your config after ordering, the order date updates to the date you made the changes. However, someone said they called Tesla and they verified that if the original order was placed before July 1, premium connectivity would be honoured, though I’d call Tesla and have them help me make the change to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: sickbones