Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it, I just got one set for May 28. But we didn't discuss my availability in detail, only that it is likely to be last week of May. Is it only a tentative date? I thought maybe the car had crossed the border so they set me a date.

My DS told me it was purely tentative and that I’d get an email with an updated date once the car crosses the border. I have no car right now so hoping to get it ASAP!

How did you get a DA without a VIN? I'm in the same boat 7 weeks no VIN 19"

I guess that's why he's great. He has his list of 200 or so people and has been reaching out to them helping them get everything in order before delivery (regardless of VIN assignment or not). Already did my financing and a Trade in Quote completed. Makes his life easier too since he won't be bogged down with hundreds of people when everyone is rushing to complete those details over the coming weeks.

Today marks 7 weeks since Configuration without a VIN. Clearly they're gonna miss the 8 week window and most likely it'll be 10 weeks before I even see this car. I ended up emailing my DA today to get any update on 19 inch wheels. He's been SUPER good so hopefully he can contact someone at Tesla to get some concrete details.

How did you get a DA without a VIN? I'm in the same boat 7 weeks no VIN 19"

7 weeks today for me as well. 19” Sport wheels. I have a DS but I’m leaving her alone now. She contacted me last Monday through email. Last Wednesday was contacted by Tesla financing in Cali to submit credit app and got approval so all the boxes now checked green. My credit guy mentioned he keeps my file until purchase as well in case any changes. TIME TO BOLT ON SOME 19’s!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pmich80
7 weeks today for me as well. 19” Sport wheels. I have a DS but I’m leaving her alone now. She contacted me last Monday through email. Last Wednesday was contacted by Tesla financing in Cali to submit credit app and got approval so all the boxes now checked green. My credit guy mentioned he keeps my file until purchase as well in case any changes. TIME TO BOLT ON SOME 19’s!!!
I'm part of the 7 week club but still can't do financing. Did you just call them to get it unlocked? I'd like to get that over with.

@3DSG How did you figure out who your DS was. I asked the 1-888 person and she said a DS has not been assigned.

DS called while we were driving. My wife’s phone was on the cars Bluetooth. She didn’t recognize the number so she hung up! When we got home I called the call display # and out of luck my DS answered the phone (this was before they have been overwhelmed with calls). Couldn’t tell me much but she sent a confirmation email and said the financing link would be opened up. They had about 200 on their list each to call.

DS called while we were driving. My wife’s phone was on the cars Bluetooth. She didn’t recognize the number so she hung up! When we got home I called the call display # and out of luck my DS answered the phone (this was before they have been overwhelmed with calls). Couldn’t tell me much but she sent a confirmation email and said the financing link would be opened up. They had about 200 on their list each to call.
Oh yes . Remember that. So it looks this whole exercise at Tesla has absolutely no consistancy. Its all over the place. No Logic at all. They only thing that is consistant is that 19 inch wheels have no VIN

I just took a good look at that crazy Model 3 spreadsheet. I can see why there are many irate people in the US! We're pretty fortunate up here to have jumped the line on production, esp the non-owners when compared to the US.

the equation is simple.It's good for them to delay a bit and push into next quarter. It's good for us to get cars before June. $7500 and $14000 are not small amounts (for most of us)