Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure there's no VIN? If you go to the shop, add an HPWC to your cart does a portion of a VIN show up? I'm just trying to figure out how I've had a VIN for a while but no date yet.
Don’t really want to tempt getting an HPWC ‘cause I already have one! Wouldn’t want to accidentally order another one.
In any event, since March 2016, I’ve learned all about patience.
When did you order? My order was on April 28.

Reactions: akidesir
Saga continues I had a June 5th 915am date confirmed. Someone just called from Vegas to tell me sorry buddy 6th is a no go lol I got excited thinking it can be earlier. But nope a few days later is what she said. ☹️ Also is anyone financing direct with tesla ? What are the terms like. ?

Last edited:
Don’t really want to tempt getting an HPWC ‘cause I already have one! Wouldn’t want to accidentally order another one.
In any event, since March 2016, I’ve learned all about patience.
When did you order? My order was on April 28.
Pretty close, I ordered April 26. I started out with lots of patience but it's getting tough now as all these dates yet set.

Saga continues I had a June 5th 915am date confirmed. Someone just called from Vegas to tell me sorry buddy 6th is a no go lol I got excited thinking it can be earlier. But nope a few days later is what she said. ☹️ Also is anyone financing direct with tesla ? What are the terms like. ?
Im financing through Tesla.

Terms are just like any other car Loan. It's through RBC at 3.9%. Can be paid off at any time.

Does paying a lump sum aka the $14k cut the months of payment shorter or do I have a choice of doing the lump sum payment and having smaller monthly payments and same term?

You basically have the choice.

I wanted to make sure my monthly payments did not exceed $600/ month. But I also didn't want to go past a 72 month amortization period. The Tesla Financing guy helped me through a few options to get to that $600/ Month price-point. He was very nice about emailing back and forth before I locked in my Down Payment amount and terms.

Got the call today for May 31st in the morning, extremely excited. Just need to get my insurance but it seems they can't find my VIN yet.

Any idea when insurance companies can find VINs?
My Insurance was not able to find the VIN, but the rep supervisor was able to find later under IBC (insurance Bureau of Canada). but does not say Model 3. anyway I got the insurance