Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted my results in a different thread, but I’ll add here as well because I didn’t see a lot of responses to this specific question about the ‘wood’ film from RPM.

I used the Gen 2 and it’s a bit lighter color in the photo (used flash to enhance the hue difference), but in real life, it blends in nicely with the dash because the dash is rounded and depending on how the light is hitting it, it’s very close in color.

Overall, I’m happy with it, and the film is textured so no fingerprint or keycard scratch issues.

Also, most people who have ridden in the car don’t even realize it’s a film, so it blends in nicely.

Which one is Gen 1 and which is Gen 2?

The one in the pics on their site looks like the grain matches pretty well, but looks a little shinier and darker. The one in the installation video they have looks like it more closely matches the OEM dash in color, but that the grain doesn't match as well.

Pic of the full wrap comment?
The below pic is from the RPM Tesla website. The most noticeable part is how there’s still black showing around the cup holders, which is not the case with the non-wood wraps. Also on the flat panels it doesn’t wrap around, just lies flat on top so you can see the vinyl edge. It’s also purposely cut a little short, so you can see a bit of black on the top/bottom of the pieces as well.
cd0434_2636edea8eea4d8c8aa39fe60417b3e1_mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2_900x.jpeg

Reactions: bottomsup
Got my car yesterday, Immediately pulled off the aero wheels and installed the wheel cap kit. Tonight I wrapped the console. It was my first time working with vinyl and while not perfect, I think it came out pretty good. I was getting allot better as I reworked the cup holders over and over hah. Took me about 2.5-3 hours to get it just where I wanted and clean up. I bet if I did it again I could do it in about 1.5 hours.

Center Console Wrap.jpg

Now I just wish there was a white door trim kit :)

or maybe I should do those in carbon fiber for a little accent?

White looks nice if you have white interior. Here is what my white looks like. I did it myself. It was not easy. I screwed up the first one that is around the cup holders. Good thing they give you two of those. The white is a lot harder to do because if the seams are not perfect the black background really accentuates the mistakes.

View attachment 336781 View attachment 336782

This looks absolutely beautiful.
My dual motor, white on white is on order now.

But does anyone regret the lighter colored wraps on the center console -- creating glare issues reflecting back up on the screen?
Car dashes are usually dark to minimize windshield glare for this reason.

White looks nice if you have white interior. Here is what my white looks like. I did it myself. It was not easy. I screwed up the first one that is around the cup holders. Good thing they give you two of those. The white is a lot harder to do because if the seams are not perfect the black background really accentuates the mistakes.

View attachment 336781 View attachment 336782

Any updates or pictures on how this white wrap is holding up since September? My white Kenriko wrap just came in this week.

Anybody know the difference between Kenriko and RPM (apart from the price) :)

The matte finish looks similar

I'm not sure what material they currently use they used to use 3M 1080 Matte Black but I heard they stopped because that material scratches really easily and looks bad once scratched. I think they switched to a different material but I'm not sure which one.

I use Avery Matte Black in my kits since it's a bit more scratch resistant and can heal to some extent.

There will also be differences in the templates, install process and customer support offered.

Reactions: Trevor B