Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Cheaper by 4K across the range now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 is now cheaper across the range by 4k. Will this price be given to those who have orders in place but not yet delivered or do we need to cancel the order and create a new one to get this price?

View attachment 654151

If only Tesla would give us Japanese prices...I'd sit out the 18-24 week delivery
1618937038785.png

Our State and Federal Govts are decades behind the rest of the developed world. Despite not having any local automobile production, we still pay LCT, GST & Stamp Duty on EVs. Imagine not having those taxes for EVs, and instead spending the money collected from gas guzzlers to provide incentives to buy EVs.. its not like no other Govt in the world is doing it.

Just Pathetic really..

Take the amount you calculated and pay that regularly into an offset account against your mortgage.
Do that for a few months and you can then determine if that is indeed affordable for you and the accumulating money will save you interest on your mortgage.
If you find it affordable you can then place an order with more confidence, but don't forget to include the higher insurance premiums.
That's what we did for 8 years to put us into a position to buy our Tesla.
Actually... I've been offsetting my mortgage directly against the savings account my salary goes into, for the last 6 months. Over this entire time it's been building at a rate per month of about 3.5x the proposed Model 3 monthly payment.

I've also just finished paying off the loan for my solar PV system which tips it further into my favour.

It's not just the $4k drop but the 2.99% interest rate offer. I've compared to a personal loan from my bank and a smaller loan has a larger monthly payment. The same monthly payment would limit me to a vehicle up to $54k new.

Things are looking good but I'm not telling people until it's all confirmed!