Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 console wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh, that's interesting. I was looking at possibly getting the black brushed metal after I got my car. I was on the fence with the door switches. I had watched the installation videos from RPM Tesla and it didn't look so bad, I'm assuming yours did not look anything like that?

How do you like the colour difference from the center console area to everything else that's piano black in the car? Thank you for your insight.

Their video looks a lot better, which makes me think it's possible that the material difference makes the flaws stand out a lot more. When you only cover the very top of the button for example, the beveled edge of the button and the vertical part in the gap stands out tremendously. This should be a lot less apparent with a black or dark material.

At least part of it can be chalked up to me probably being a ham-handed idiot during the install, but you can see for yourself here what I mean about the fit overall and the edges standing out (as well as why I pulled it):
IMG_1015.JPG

As for the brushed titanium on the centre, I absolutely love it. Very glad I did it, matches the dash vent well.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Their video looks a lot better, which makes me think it's possible that the material difference makes the flaws stand out a lot more. When you only cover the very top of the button for example, the beveled edge of the button and the vertical part in the gap stands out tremendously. This should be a lot less apparent with a black or dark material.

At least part of it can be chalked up to me probably being a ham-handed idiot during the install, but you can see for yourself here what I mean about the fit overall and the edges standing out (as well as why I pulled it):
View attachment 293490

As for the brushed titanium on the centre, I absolutely love it. Very glad I did it, matches the dash vent well.

Thank you!

Reactions: run-the-joules
I’ve never worked with vinyl before so I accidentally stretched the part around the cup holders when I was trying to realign things.

Do you know that if you stretch the vinyl or develop wrinkle some heat from heat gun will return it to it's original shape?

Some /important/ notes: this is not valid for chrome vinyl. When heat to restore be careful - too much heat and you have another problem. Also when heating try to avoid contact between adhesive and thatever you are applying it to since heat activates the adhesive and very important - don't pull!!! Make sure the vinyl is relaxed untill it cools down. Also nice future of wrap vinyl is so called control tac. Because it and pressure activated adhesive you can literally slide the vinyl on the surface you are wrapping without it stick untill you press it down to activate the adhesive.

I'm going to be getting the whole car wrapped in a 3M 1080 metallic gloss dark gray/blue, but was considering color matching the center console. Not sure how that would look, might go with black. I have a vinyl cutter and can whip up custom stuff quickly so I might experiment a little, just have to make some templates to get cut files from once my car comes in.

I decided to try installing a brushed titanium center console wrap from RPM Tesla. (I'm sure the wrap from Evannex would have worked equally as well.) Anyway I watched the install video a number of times until I was brave enough to make an attempt at install. I did use a slightly different technique than what they showed because I had wrapped my laptop previously and it worked well for me (no bubbles or wrinkles). In my case I didn't peel off any more of the backing paper than I needed to as I started the install, I just folded the paper back underneath and released more vinyl as I went along. as you can see from the photo's I didn't do the greatest install job but I'm sufficiently pleased not to try again.

I've been debating between getting the Brushed Titanium or the black metal. I like both. Are you happy with the choice of the Titanium?

I like the little 3 dash logo they have added as an option. Does anyone know if this comes on the vinyl or is a separate sticker? I think it would make more sense on the forward edge of the lid as a mark to where to press to open instead of the back.
cd0434_307169c6eecf479ab51f9958985d2ff2~mv2.jpg

I like the little 3 dash logo they have added as an option. Does anyone know if this comes on the vinyl or is a separate sticker? I think it would make more sense on the forward edge of the lid as a mark to where to press to open instead of the back.
cd0434_307169c6eecf479ab51f9958985d2ff2~mv2.jpg
If you're feeling brave you could always use a blade to cut out the logo wherever you want it to be. Just do it before installing. You can pencil in the pattern or tape a printout of it on the back and cut along the edges. I'm not sure how difficult this would be but it is doable. BTW, it says right on the picture that it's a decal.

Last edited: